Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Need For Speed




Hello and welcome to the first group post for the June  Papertrey Ink  Release! The new products you are seeing here will be available in the store at Papertrey Ink on June 15th at 10:00 EST. 

Today we have some really fun products to share with you from Erin Lincoln! There are two new stamp sets with matching dies, Need For Speed and Road Signed, along with some super cute new stitching dies that coordinate perfectly!





On my first card here, I used the Need For Speed stamp set and dies, Road Signed Stamps and dies and the On the Road die. All of these products coordinate so wonderfully together! 

I cut the road out of Stormy sea card stock, glued that down, and added a strip of True Black card stock and a thin strip of Pure Poppy + White striped paper along the edge. I then stamped the card and road signs and added those with foam tape. I stamped the sentiments in black and Pure Poppy.




Now for a boy/guy card, isn't that cute! I actually had a ton of fun putting this together and normally, I'm all about flowers and pink :) I love it when there are neat products that make boy cards fun!


STAMPS: Need For Speed, Road Signed 
DIES: Need For Speed, Road Signed, On The Road Die
INK: Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Orange Zest, True Black, Stormy Sea

PAPER: Stamper’s Select white, Stormy Sea, True Black, Pure Poppy + White

***




Next up is this cute tag which I used the car from the Need For Speed stamp set and the On the Road die, along with the new Keep It Simple: To & From. Makes a great little addition to add to the gift that's going with my card! I used Tag Sale #10 for the tag, and after I cut the On the Road die out, I also ran it through with the Tag die to get the shape right, then glued that right down onto my tag. Added the little car with foam tape and stamped the To and From with True Black ink. 

STAMPS: Need For Speed, Keep It Simple: To & From
DIES: Need For Speed, On The Road Die, Tag Sale Die #10
INK: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Stormy Sea, True Black
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Stormy Sea
OTHER: Baker’s Twine

***





And to go with my car themed ensemble, I created a cute key chain with Erin's new Stitched Car die. I stitched the windows and door knobs on first, then layered two of the cars together and stitched those. I added the little loop for the key ring as I was stitching around the outside of the car. I layered two of the wheels together and stitched those on last. 





I can't help but think how perfect this would be for a teenage boy's birthday who was just turning 16 and perhaps getting his driver's license. You could give him a key to the family car on the key ring! Hey, I have one of those! ;) 

DIES: Stitched Car
FELT: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow 

***

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with a look at more of the amazing new products coming to  Papertrey Ink  on June 15th, at 10:00 EST!

For more amazing inspiration visit the rest of the Papertrey Ink Design team!


22 comments:

  1. These are some great guy items, Kay! I hear you about the flowers and pink, but you did a fantastic job creating guy stuff! Your color choices are spot on and it looks like the solid images stamp really well. That key ring is so fun! Terrific work! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so well designed! Great colors. And great idea to make a car key chain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute car tag and the stitched keychain. Looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card, tag and key fob are all stunning and so perfectly neat! Love that car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bold and graphic and so beautifully clean! You can sell me on anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just studying the perfection of your projects, wondering 'how in the world?' You're amazing, lady! Beautiful, clean, gorgeous work! Love it all, want it all, pinning all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Kay!!! Love all three... YES the key ring! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I was scrolling through your post, my first thought was what an awesome gift set for a new driver. Love your color choices, Kay, and each piece is perfectly executed (and stitched)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing card and key fob!
    I am ASTOUNDED at your stitching skills!!!
    Your card making, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all too cute! Perfect colors and great how you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What perfect interpretations of the new release items on all three projects, and just flawless execution, as always. Love that key fob!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous projects, Kay! I love how you layered the elements on your card, and your tag is so cool! My fave has to be your key ring, though...so bright and fun, and your stitching is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea for a key chain. My nephew just got his first car and drivers license. He would love this. Love the card and tag too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your projects are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your projects, Kay! And that key chain is my fave, what a great idea for a new driver!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome projects with wonderful color, Kay!!! Love the fun card and key ring! Masculine perfection...love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kay your projects are the sweetest! I love the card and the tag but the keytag is awesome!! The perfect gift for your boy who just might be getting his license!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kay,

    The card is STUPENDOUS, and the key chain well...TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card for guys in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun projects Kay!! Love the colors on the first card. Your keychain is seriously CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful! Love the keychain idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)