Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Whimsy Stamps: St. Nicholas

Hi there! I am back again with another card for my October guest spot with Whimsy stamps!

This time I am using a really pretty stamp set from their October release called St. Nicholas.


For my card today, I stamped the image, sentiment and stars in waterproof black ink, and watercolored it with Distress markers. I also splattered around the images with some of the same colors that I used to paint with. The paper that I used is Master's Touch watercolor paper from Hobby Lobby. 


After everything was dry, I mounted my watercolored panel onto a top folded dark gray card base. 

Whimsy Stamps Products Use:

St. Nicholas Stamp set

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a happy week!

Kay :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Kay! Your Santa looks amazing watercolored with the distress inks! The whole piece is vibrant and colorful, yet also festive and meaningful. Thank you so much for sharing. You have so much talent! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Kay! I like the extra glow of golden yellow surrounding your stars. Your watercoloring skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I just love this! Such soft edges and gorgeous coloring! A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Watercolor magic Kay! Gorgeous, fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay I just adore this modern, yet classic, version of St. Nick! Of course you've colored him so beautifully! a gorgeous card!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW!! This is amazing!! I love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just take my breath away, Kay! I NEED to do a similar card so bad and thank you for sharing what paper you used. Gotta check it out, too; it's so pretty. I'm emailing with a question. This is so hard to stop staring at!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so gorgeous, Kay! His white beard is so striking against your watercolored background and your splatters are the perfect detail! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. Love the way you take a great stamp image and make it amazing. Love the watercolor blend and colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card! Your watercolor technique on the stars - of painting "outside the lines" - is so artistic and unique. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the stamp, but the way you present it with the watercoloring is absolutely stunning!!!!! I am envious of your obvious talents! And inspired to try to copy it for myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)