Sunday, July 31, 2016

Make it Market Kit: Garden Gate





Hello! I am super excited to share my projects with you featuring the newest Make it Market kit by Betsy Veldman! 

Before I get to my projects here are the details:

The Make It Market Kit will be released on August 1st and it is entitled "Garden Gate". There are so many beautiful basics that will speak to any flower or garden lover!  The colors in the kit are lush and pretty, just like a summer garden in full bloom. Garden Gate is filled with lots of options for creating stunning cards with some fun interactive possibilities. Old-fashioned flower favorites such as wisteria, hollyhocks, and bleeding hearts are included, and will surely make you feel nostalgic as you use them. Pair these up with the coordinating dies to layer them over a garden gate, lattice, or even a wrought iron garden sign. The papers are cleverly designed to allow for gatefold cards, or you can cut them up to use for other design purposes. 

This kit is sure to be legendary and you won't want to miss out on the chance to add it to your collection!

GARDEN GATE KIT CONTENTS:

Garden Gate stamp collection (2 sheets w/ labels)

Garden Gate die
Garden Gate Details die collection
Garden Gate: Accessories die collection
Garden Gate paper collection, (16) 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" sheets
Garden Gate Brass Gate Latch
Garden Gate Stencil collection (set of 3, 6" x 6")

Total Retail Cost: $96

There will be a limited number of these exclusive kits available, so be sure to get yours on Monday! The "Garden Gate" Kit will be available for sale beginning on August 1st at 10pm ET, only at Papertrey Ink. Read all the details on Nichole's blog or contact Customer Service with any questions.

Here we go with what I created with this amazing new kit! I seriously could NOT stop! 



My first card here is featuring the beautiful lattice gate die and the stamped holly hocks. I used Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, and Pale Peony for the flowers, and spring moss for the leaves. I blended some ink onto my background before adhering the die cut. I used Spring Moss at the bottom and Aqua mist at the top. It really made the white gate stand out! The garden sign and sentiment are stamped in Stormy Sea. 




***


On this card, I used one of the preprinted backgrounds. I cut one in half and glued this down to a top folded A2 size card base. I glued the lattice die cut horizontally across the bottom of my panel, then cut the doors off of the garden gate die, stamped the top part in Stormy Sea, and glued this over the lattice. 

The flowers I stamped in Razzberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Scarlet Jewel, and the leaves in Spring Moss. I  adhered these with foam tape.


I stamped the sentiment right onto the printed background piece in Smokey Shadow.

***


This card, I used some of the stencils for my background. On an Aqua Mist piece of card stock I stenciled the lattice using Fresh Snow down in the right corner, then used the leafy stencil and stenciled the leaves in the top right corner using New Leaf and Green Parakeet.  I cut this piece out using the stitched die from the Noted: Scalloped A2 dies. I mounted this onto a white card base with Fun Foam. 



This time I used the beautiful Wisteria flowers along the top. They are stamped with Hibiscus Burst and Green Parakeet. I used some of the single hollyhocks also, stamped in the same colors.  The garden sign was stamped in Aqua Mist and the sentiment in Smokey Shadow. 

***



For this card, I again used one of the preprinted sheets, cut it in half and mounted it onto a top folded A2 card base. I just love the beautiful ombre effect with the lattice! The flowers are all from the preprinted sheets too. I cut those out with the matching dies and adhered them with foam tape. The garden sign, I stamped in Aqua Mist and the sentient in Stormy Sea. The wrought iron hanger is also from the preprinted sheets. 




***

Okay, I had made four cards, and yet, I still could not tear myself away from this beautiful kit! I had to make a couple of little tags with the Tag Sale: Quilted Die. 



Is that not the prettiest little tag? I cut one of the preprinted panels out with the stitched square die from Noted: Scalloped Square and adhered this with foam tape to the tag. I stamped the sentiment in Raspberry Fizz and adhered  the flowers and leaves  with foam tape.




Everything on the tags is from the preprinted sheets, so it made these super fast and easy to put together!

***



And this one, made the same way, just using a different panel and some yellow hollyhocks. The sentiment is stamped in Royal Velvet. 




***


I hope you've enjoyed seeing what I've done with the new Make it Market Kit: Garden Gate. Betsy never ceases to amaze me with her endless supply of creativity and artistic ability! This is one amazingly gorgeous kit!


The "Garden Gate" Kit will be available for sale beginning on August 1st at 10pm ET, only at Papertrey Ink. Read all the details on Nichole's blog or contact Customer Service with any questions.

For more inspiration stop by the other design team member's blogs!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)








37 comments:

  1. Ok, Kay. Please... you must share your stamping tips with us. Your stamped images are just as spectacular as the preprinted images. Please can you give us a step-by-step tutorial on how you make this happen???? Thank you. Your work is fantastic.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! I will sure put that on my list to do!

      Delete
  2. You have really done an amazing job with this kit, Kay! I love how you paired all the different elements, and how you've added your personal flair to make each card and tag so special! I love everything you've created...thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects, Kay! I can't wait to get this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inked leaves are just wonderful - especially the last tag with the center of the leaf darkened and blended no naturally. PLEASE show us how you do this. As always, I can't wait to see what you did colorwise as it is always spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice comment Mary! The leaves in that last tag is actually from the preprinted papers, so I can't take credit for the beauty of it :)

      Delete
  5. Sigh ... I am trying to avoid buying this kit as the price is high, but after seeing your projects today, Kay, you're breaking me down! :-) As always, such gorgeous, gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, your creativity is over-the-top gorgeous. You always manage to find unique ways to use the same products others use, like turning the garden sign horizontally. I'm in love with your stunning color combos also. Fabulous projects, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite creations, Kay, you are a master card maker my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love what you've done, even taking the doors off the gate is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you've done with this kit - fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Kay!! I knew you'd rock the kit 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just in awe ! Was trying to avoid getting this kit, but your creativity and color combos blow me away!!! You really made this kit look awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  13. SPECTACULAR!!! Oh my goodness Kay, just when I think you can't possibly get any better...YOU DO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing cards and tags!!! I imagine walking in a beautiful garden looking at your lovely creations, Kay! So dreamy and beautiful...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your brilliant colors and style always capture my heart and imagination! I love all your works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sweet pie,

    Well, it's official now I am calling 911 for an ambulance, after you I am heading to Meliss'as blog and by then It is going to be a FULL BLOWN heart attack, the oxygen tank is not working..suits me well for buying cheap things, but you guys don't give me another alternative on account that all my money is tied up with PTI!
    I don't want to die until I play with this kit....Lord Have Mercy On Me!
    Holly Arroz Con Pollo (Puerto Rican SAVORY chicken and rice delicacy)!!! Your cards are AWESOMELICIOUSNESS!!! I just invented another word just for you!.....and you are welcome my friend!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  17. HELP! How do I follow the above comment! Can I just say ditto on all the comments above?! :D Beautiful designing and flowers Kay! So much wow stamping and die-cutting loveliness all in one post! Gorgeous cards and tags!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant work Kay. You show just how versatile this kit can be. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Color, color, color! I love your colorful creations, gorgeous! I pinned them all and hope to secure a market kit to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Incredible work, Kay. Beautifully designed, so many creative ideas, and so perfectly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Kay.....Each one is a masterpiece! I think the tag sale quilted projects are simply gorgeous! The flowers in this set are absoultly stunning ! What a beautiful post you shared with us! You never ever disappoint !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, Kay. Each is so stunning, you have highlighted all the pieces to perfection! Can hardly wait to get this package in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always love your cards. These are spectacular. I just bought this kit. So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Honestly, Kay, you took my breath away with every card you shared! It's like you designed this kit because you used it so perfectly! You're amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  25. ART.....pure and simple! I will be returning once I get my Kit for some more lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow!! Your cards are absolutely STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Sigh...it is such a pleasure to see your work, Kay. Everything you create embodies joy, delight and pure happiness. You truly have a gift and it is on full display here! Thank you SO much for sharing your gift with us. Wow! :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Kay! These are all perfectly lovely! And I can only second what Jeanne said before me. LOL.
    Paulette Still
    HTTPS://paulettesprettypapercrafts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous cards Kay!!! I love all your designs, I LOVE whatever you make lol!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I want to thank you Kay, for the details that you add to each one of your creations. I have learned new techniques from you, especially your beautiful watercolors. You have broadened my card making world, and I couldn't wait to see what you created with this gorgeous kit. Your blog is full of exciting projects and pure JOY to read. When I think of the sentiment in the ART WITH HEART stamps "A true artist is not one who is inspired, but who inspires others", I think of you. Thanks again Kay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet note Stephanie! I can't tell you how much your heartfelt message means to me! Thank you so much for stopping by and making my day! :)

      Delete
  31. Someone is very grumpy this morning and his "WooHoo" wasn't one bit sincere. I, on the other hand, am thrilled. Congratulations, Kay! I've been waiting for this news since Day 1.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)