Friday, May 27, 2016

Thanks For Keeping Me Afloat


Hello! I have a fun card to share with you today that I created with some beautiful stamps from the newest Papertrey Ink release! I loved Betsy's newest What The Doodle: Waves set, so I had to make one more card with it. I paired it up with the fun new Sun & Surf Stencils and here is what I came up with!





I used some Hawaiian Shores ink and blended that through the Waves stencil on Stamper's Select card stock, then I just used a little bit more of that same ink and water and watercolored around a little down at the bottom, and splattered some of that too. I colored the waves and the sailboat with Copic markers, cut them out with the matching dies and adhered them with foam tape. 





The sentient I stamped on some Smokey Shadow card stock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. It is cut out with the banner die from Tag Sale: Quilted. I stamped the "Afloat" in True Black ink underneath.


OTHER: Sun & Surf Stencil Collection, Copic Markers

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Kay :)



20 comments:

  1. Oooh, Kay, love the blues on this one. And the doodle-y waves. And the use of the stencil and the watercoloring and the speckles that looks like ocean spray. There's some great movement on this one. The red on the sailboat really pops, too. I like your banner in the dark gray. It's not quite as stark as black, but gives the same oomph as black. Such a neat card, Kay! I hope you and your family have an awesome holiday weekend!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay this is fabulous, I love the way the the stencil and die cut collide making it appear just like the waves are going every which way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love this! Can't wait to get those stencils, I forgot them in my order. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! What an awesome card, Kay! Love the huge waves, sweet boat and beautiful blue colors! A super card! I just LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card, Kay! Love how the stitched black sentiment strip stands out and compliments the card, but doesn't detract from that gorgeous boat/water scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, I purchased this set because of the pretty waves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen a more beautiful wave! Kay this is so doodling fabulous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is beautiful, I see so much beauty and creativity in your cards, surely blessed from above <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination of using the stencil and then watercoloring below - LOVE that Hawaiian shade. This is stunning, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how fun, Kay! I love how you stenciled and splattered your background, and the big 'Doodle Wave' is amazing! Great idea to add a pop of red on the boat, too...Love this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautifully coloured, Kay! I love how you were brave and added that red and white sail to the boat. It just takes this card all the way to fun. And nautical :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so fun and gorgeous, Kay! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one was so much fun and makes me feel like I should be on a vacation near the water.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm blown away, this is MARVELOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card! I HAD to put this stamp set on my wish list. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is one gorgeous card! Love all the added water and waves! The boat colors are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)