Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Introducing Floribunda Frame and Inspired: God



Hello and Happy New year! 
It's been a while since I've posted. I've been happily creating, but I'm afraid that I have not been able to let go of Christmas, so I haven't been posting my projects, because I figured everyone would be tired of Christmas stuff and ready for Spring. Not me though, nope, I'll be making Christmas cards for the next couple of months at least! 

Along with my Christmas cards, though I have had the pleasure of working with the beautiful new January release from Papertrey Ink! Today I'm showcasing the new Floribunda Frame and Inspired: God stamp set. 

The new products you are seeing here will be available in the store at Papertrey Ink on January 15th at 10:00 EST. 


For my first card, I used watercolor paper and blended some distress inks in purple, blue and green. I then sprinkled it with water and some of the darker ink. I cut the Floribunda Frame out of Stamper's Select white card stock and layered this over my watercolored panel. I then cut out three of the God sentiments, layered them together and glued that down, then stamped the "is love" right underneath in True Black ink.





STAMPS: Inspired: God
DIES: Inspired: God, Floribunda Frame Die
INK: True Black
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White

OTHER: Watercolor paper, Distress Inks

***



For this one, I cut the frame out of white card stock and used small sponges to add color to the flowers and leaves with dye ink then speckled with water. For the background, I sponged some green ink around the edges of a piece of white card stock and then splattered some of the green ink onto it afterwards. I adhered the Floribunda Frame to my background, then stamped the sentient inside.


STAMPS: Inspired: God
DIES: Floribunda Frame Die
INK: True Black, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf, Orange zest, Summer Sunrise
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White

***



For this card, I took watercolor paper and blended distress inks onto it and then cut the Floribunda Frame out. I cut the frame apart so I just had the side and lower portion and glued this down to my white card base. The sentient is sponged with Raspberry Fizz ink and layered three times before adhering down, and the rest of the sentiment is stamped with Raspberry Fizz.



And then I had the other half of this beautiful frame I had created, so I made a bookmark with it using the Basic Bookmark III die! I love the way it turned out! I stamped the sentient with Summer Sunrise and Raspberry Fizz using the MISTI to get the ombre effect.



STAMPS: Inspired: God
DIES: Inspired: God, Floribunda Frame, Basic Bookmark III
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White
OTHER: Watercolor paper, Distress ink, Baker’s Twine

***
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow for the first group post!

For more amazing inspiration visit Nichole and Heather's blogs!


Kay :)

24 comments:

  1. Such pretty cards, Kay. Hey, you can post any type of themed card you would like. I never get tired of your work!! These cards are lovely. I like how you showcased the flower frame in so many ways. It looks pretty versatile! The sentiments are lovely. Nice font and encouraging messages. Your stamping is always so crisp! Thanks for sharing. Big hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bookmark! Wouldn't that be awesome to make for a bible study?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards and bookmark are all FABULOUS Kay, and I love all the color you used! I love Christmas color too though, so post away and I will definitely stop by to visit...I make Christmas cards all year long for the Merry Monday site! Your cards today are just lovely though and so excited to see you back!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, Kay, and I would NEVER get tired of seeing your Christmas cards! I hope you will still post them! Please!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've missed you. Lots. Gorgeous happy colours! I, too, would never get tired of seeing your Christmas cards. I feel as though I didn't see enough of them this year. That's makes me sad. 🙁 Please share more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the frame, the color combos, the bookmark...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That frame! Gorgeous in Kay's hands! Bright and beautiful cards and tag. Love the joy you bring to a simple bookmark!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely divine cards! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These bright, vivid colors are exquisite, Kay! I especially love the first card, the white flowers against the blue and green is jaw dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Kay. I would give it a try with the misti for the ombre effect.

    Hugs Thea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my! Your cards and tag with the sentiments and floral die are outstanding...super lovely, Kay!! And, love all the white and beautiful backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved getting this wonderfully colorful post! Gorgeous use of color as always happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and love the colors and sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you have been busy creating because I worried you had the crud, Kay. I missed your blog posts and beautiful creations. Let me just re confirm that your cards and bookmark are drop-dead gorgeous. Great job showcasing Floribunda Frame! Looking forward to what else you've got up your sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A floral feast for the eyes Kay!! These are all lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thrilled to see your post pop up in my Feedly; I've missed you! I second Jeanne: you can post anything, any time, any occasion, and we'll all come over to gaze in wonder and awe! Speaking of which: that's what I'm doing right now in seeing your stunning cards and bookmarks! WOWed! Excited for what you have planned next...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the third card Kay...so nice!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all so pretty, I love the colors and the way you used the die. Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Kay! I love Christmas all year long! Glad you had some time for you!
    Loving these beautiful cards and colorful dies, that bookmark is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty Kay! Beautiful floral colors and coloring! Thanks for the reminder to use those little sponges! I am going to remember to do this again! I have a whole case of those little finger dauber sponge things. So thankful for bloggers creating and inspiring! That's you! hehe Christmas all year... YES! Post away!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year! I'm so glad you've taken some time for yourself...you certainly deserve it! Gorgeous showcase of cards with these new stamps and dies, Kay! Your watercoloring is just beautiful, and of course your designs are stunning! It's always fun to stop by and see what you create with the newest goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So nice to see what you made with this die! Wonderful examples of what can be made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Kay! Happy New Year! I'm in love with the new frame and the different ways that you showcased it. So good to see your work again--a great way to start the year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)