Monday, June 27, 2016

So Happy For You - WPlus9 Guest




Hello Friends! I am super excited to be guesting on the Wplus9 blog today! I have been a huge fan of Dawn's for several years, ever since I discovered Wplus9.



I have a card to share with you today using some gorgeous products that I just love! I don't think I'm the only one who fell head over heels in love with the Free Hand Florals stamp set. I am also using an older set, Lacey Layers, which I've had in my stash for a long time that I dearly love! It's so great for layering and building collage type cards.



So for my card, I started by watercoloring the background using a light tan dye ink on watercolor paper. When this was dry, I splattered some more of that same color ink around. I let this dry well.
I then stamped two of the medallions from the Lacey Layers set with that same tan dye ink that I used for the watercoloring. I adhered these to my watercolored panel with foam tape.

I then stamped the roses in three different shades of pink and the leaves in two shades of green. I cut those out with the matching dies. After arranging them just perfectly, I adhered them with foam tape.



The sentiment is from the Strictly Sentiments 2 stamp set. I stamped it in the same tan dye ink that I used on the medallions, and cut it out with a banner die. I adhered this just under my cluster of roses with foam tape. I felt like my card still needed something under the banner for balance, so I added one more bunch of the green leaves just underneath.

I adhered this whole panel to an A2 size top folded white card base and added a few clear sequins.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today and are inspired to create something beautiful! Thank you so much for stopping by, and a huge thanks to Wplus9 for having me for a guest!

Kay :)







18 comments:

  1. I have this set and did not use yet...your card is sooo bright! love it!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Guest Designer Spot, Kay! Looks like you were in stamper's heaven with these sets. The card you created is so very pretty. I've not seen you really use tan as a background color in your watercolor arsenal and I must say, it's very, very pretty! For me, it gives a bit of a vintage feel to the card. I really like how the lacy layer is just peeking out, like a doily. And your flowers are simply beautiful. I just adore how you get everything set out just right to make the prettiest cards. Excellent work my talented friend! :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kay this is so beautiful. You've made this floral set really shine. Congratulations on the guest design spot. You deserve it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the roses, colors and the way you put it all together over the vintage tan background. Could not be any prettier. That's a really nice WPLUS9 set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already have the flowers and dies... just ordered the doilies! YAY! Gorgeous card Kay! So YOU! I LOVE it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Kay, congrats on the guest spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge congrats on being guest designer! Your card is fabulous with all the pretty layers and the wonderful background to make those flowers shine...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful and is why you deserve to be a guest for Wplus9! Awesome job. I love all of your layers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and your background rocks as usual

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful! Wplus9 is a favorite of mine too. Your card shows off those stamp sets beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the neutral background with the beautiful pink flowers. Such a STUNNING card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your Guest Designer spot, Kay...I'm not at all surprised that Dawn asked you to join them ~ Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love your choice of flowers and how you layered them with the Lacey Layers...So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I saw this on FB and my jaw hit the floor! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw this on wplus9 and it's beyond gorgeous,Kay! Can't wait for some free time to take out that set again! Congratulations!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)