Monday, November 16, 2015

MFT Design Team Creative Challenge





Hello and welcome to the MFT Design team Challenge! Red and green are beautiful and traditional colors but also, a bit predictable this time of year. This month, MFT has challenged the team to think outside the box by applying non-traditional color schemes to their Christmas crafting. Modernize your holiday with an unexpected pop of color!

And guess what color I chose? Purple! I'm a big fan of traditional Christmas colors, but I love to use non traditional colors as well in my Christmas cards and decorations!


So for this card, I lightly watercolored a piece of watercolor paper with purple watercolors for the background. When this was dry, I mounted it to a smooth white card base. I cut the snowflakes from the Let it Snowflake die and glued them down flat. I stamped the flowers and leaves in Wild Wisteria, Lavender Fields, Grapesicle, and Grape Jelly, and cut them out with the matching dies. I mounted all of these onto the card with foam tape.


I stamped the sentiment from The Toasty Greetings stamp set onto a flag banner die from Blueprints 18 and added that with foam tape, just under the edge of the top flower. I added a few PPP sequins to the centers of the flowers and a few scattered around.

There you have it! Very non traditional colors, but I love them! Make sure you stop by the MFT blog to see what all the other designers have come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)






18 comments:

  1. Oh, a purple/lavender Christmas--so pretty, and so "you"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Kay. I really like your non traditional color choice. So very pretty! You have some very pretty purples in your stash. The softness in the watercoloring truly helps your flowers and snowflakes stand out. I also like the bit of sparkle with those sequins. Just an all around beautiful card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I'm loving the shades of purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So freakin' beautiful! I love seeing purple on Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Kay. I love the purples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Your watercoloring is always so gorgeous! I also love the purples...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you chose non traditional colors for this card, Kay! The different shades of purple are stunning with your snowflakes, and your design is fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really gorgeous, Kay, I love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Purple perfection and lavender lovely...truly inspired!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pretty purples! Very fun and unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the non-traditional colors and esp purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just lovely Kay! I like all of your grape-y, lilac-y, lavender-y shades of purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Your watercolored backgrounds are always so beautiful. I would love it if you did a video!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card, Kay, is so beautiful, that I didn't even notice until I read the text, that your card was an alternative Christmas color scheme. Just looking at the stamp set, I'd have never guessed that the flower and holly sprig could look SO FABULOUS. You have really inspired me big time! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous,Kay! Loving all the shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun challenge! You card is gorgeous and I'm loving the non-traditional color scheme

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your pretty poinsettias and snowflakes Kay! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)