Saturday, October 24, 2015

North Pole Polar Bear




Hello! I hope your weekend is off to a good start! I am on a little mini vacation with the family this weekend. We have ventured up into northern territory to check out the pretty fall colors. This is one weekend where it is finally starting to feel like fall. It has been unseasonably warm. I know a lot of people love that, but not this cool weather girl :)

Anyway, I have a card to share with you today I created with some fun My Favorite Things products. I bought this cute Polar bear stamp last year, and have had so much fun playing with it a year later! It's still new and fresh to me! 


I colored this handsome guy with Copic markers and cut him and the sign out with the matching Die-namics. I cut out a circle with the Radial Stitched Circle STAX die-namics and sponged a bit of Summer Splash dye ink in the center. I cut out another circle the same size with the same die, and used the Stitched Snow Drifts die-namics to cut a small snowy hill that would fit along the bottom of the first circle. I then mounted the snowy hill, my polar bear guy, and North Pole sign with foam tape. 



I  cut a piece of patterned paper from the Calm & Cozy paper pack about an inch and a half wide, and glued that across my white card base. I stamped the sentiment in black licorice ink and then adhered the circle to the card with foam tape. I added a few 4mm clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

All of the products I used for this card are listed and linked below. I hope you have a wonderful fall weekend! 

Hugs,

Kay :)





20 comments:

  1. I hope you and the family have a wonderful weekend. I'm sure the fall colors are so pretty! You certainly deserve a bit of a break from all that you have going on these days. :) Your card is so much fun, Kay! That polar bear is adorable. I really like how you colored him and those cheeks!! Your colors are not harsh at all and blend so well. You and those Copics sure do get along. All around fantastic card. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft coloring, love this adorable bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the fall leaves and weather. Your card is so cute. I also bought this set but of course it hasn't seen any ink. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, love it. Have a great weekend with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable, love it. Have a great weekend with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every bit of this is colored and placed to perfection, Kay! I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and I'm with you, bring on the cool weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! --love this guy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the color of his scarf!! Very cute card Kay. Enjoy your family outing, sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute to ever stop using, Kay! LOve this guy, and your design - keeping it fresh!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Polar Bear, and your Copic coloring is just beautiful, Kay! Such a charming little scene you've created, too!
    Enjoy your time seeing all the lovely autumn colors...I hope the weather is perfect for you, as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, oh my!! I LOVE this. Simply adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kay, this is adorable! Your coloring on this cute polar bear scene looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute card Kay! You brought the fun image to life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a cool weather person too!!!! And I love snow! Your card is so sweet!!! Love Mr. Polar Bear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable Kay! Always get such inspiration from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I love warm days and fall colors. But when I see your polar bear, I slowly get ready for winter cards....Adorable bear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that close up - so clean and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm guessing this was just adorable. I'm sure I saw it on FB :) sounds like a wonderful way to spend the weekend! I saw a bit of fall when I went to WI a few weeks ago. Loved the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a marvelous getaway with your family. Your polar bear, sporting his festive toque and scarf, is charming! Given where I live, I should have this set! And if you ever want 'much' cooler weather, c'mon up our way. Alberta's the place for you!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)