Friday, November 28, 2014

Festive Friday #45 Reminder






Hello, Happy Friday! While you all are out shopping and braving the Black Friday crowds, I'm at home preparing  for another Thanksgiving dinner. This time it's with my side of the family. I'm making the pumpkin pies and rolls. Thank goodness my Mom brings the turkey. I've never cooked a turkey before, and I'm plenty old enough people. There's no excuse. But as long as I don't have to... I will leave that to the the ones who know what they're doing :)

This is just a friendly reminder that there is still time to join in the  challenge at Festive Friday! This will be our last one for the year, so you don't want to miss it ;)




Here is the inspiration photo for this time. Isn't that Lovely?  Pink.... lovely pink.



And in keeping with the pink theme here is what I created.


And, this is my very favorite kind of card to make, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I just stamped and cut out a lot of different elements and played around with my composition until I got it like I wanted and glued it all down, some with foam tape and some just flat.

Supplies:
Mat- Waltzing Mouse
Sentiment- Waltzing Mouse
Tree- Papertrey Ink
Ornaments- My Favorite Things
Stitched circle die- My Favorite Things
Flag die- Papertrey Ink



I hope you will play along with us at Festive Friday!

You can also check out the amazing talent from the other design team members at Festive Friday!



Thank so much for stopping by!

I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend! 

Hugs,



Kay :)

16 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about the turkey. We just made our first one a few years ago (at over 40 :)). But we use an infrared cooker and it is so much easier. Love the sweet little ornaments on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, leaving it to the experts sounds fabulous to me! I think you are pretty smart. And pretty amazing yourself with this card. Wowza! This card is gorgeous! Who needs you to know how to mess with a turkey when you can create masterpieces like this? Love all your little bits and bobs and the whole design just works wonderfully. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Kay! When does the Festive Friday challenge start up again?? I've got to play along this year! Leaving Christmas cards till December is not a good plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay your card is gorgeous! I always love to dissect the layers you chose and always amazed how you do so many and yet your card remain so clean looking! If you don't have to make the turkey--don't feel bad, feel lucky. Not my fav thing to do.This year we are hosting Christmas and my hubby will put it on the BBQ. Delicious and I don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful,of course!! Beautiful colors and i love the details!!!
    HUGS and a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "a little bit of this and a little bit of that" cards from you are my FAVORITE!!
    Just recieved the package of clay ornaments from you...SOOOO Happy with them:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your "a little bit of this and a little bit of that"! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny..."A little bit of this and a little bit of that"! Meanwhile, your design and choice of colors and die cuts are absolutely GORGEOUS! You are the Queen of Die Cutting, Kay...honestly! I love how you paired dies from different companies and chose that lovely sentiment and font! A really beautiful card!
    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your family! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love it if someone else did the turkey! You better learn. :)
    Your card is GORGEOUS! I love the way you used the WMS a as the backdrop and then all the fun softly colored dies .....sooo pretty Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Kay, this is so wonderful! Beautiful composition, just lovely! I didn't learn to do a turkey until Tim decided he wanted to try doing it a few years ago. Don't tell anyone, but I really don't even like turkey. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two days of Thanksgiving, how lucky! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and your card is lovely! I always love your non-Traditional holiday colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card!! I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm several years older than you, and have never cooked a turkey either! The thought alone scares me, because I suspect the outcome would be a disaster. Come to think of it, I've made a pie only once - and yes, the results were less than stellar. Yeesh! Good thing my husband's not huge on pies, or turkeys *grin* Your card, featuring a little bit of this and a little bit of that, is a charmer! Yet again, your eye for design is abundantly apparent in your choice of images perfectly paired and arranged. Incredibly pretty, indeed!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just spotted this card Kay! Loved it - hope it's ok to pin! Thanks for using WMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)