Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Card Concept #6

Hello and happy Wednesday!

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I've posted here. I have been super busy getting my ornaments all photographed and my Etsy store ready. I'm so close.... :) 

Anyway, it is time again for the wonderful Card Concept Challenge! I love seeing all the beautiful cards that everyone submits. It is so hard to pick a favorite out of all the beautiful work I see. I'm so glad that so many of you are enjoying this challenge. 


So this week we have a birthday card! You know, it's funny, but I don't make a lot of birthday cards. I just make a lot of generic cards, and then when it's someone's birthday, I stamp "Happy Birthday" inside it!  

Here is the cute inspiration photo for this challenge:


And here is what I did with it. I loved the salmon color, so chose it as my primary color. I wanted to use the turquoise , but couldn't work it in with the stamps I had chosen, so I just went with the salmon and green from the photo. 



All of the stamps I used here are from Purple Onion Designs. I colored them all with my Copic markers and cut them out. I mounted them all with foam tape on the stitched background mat from Lil Inkers.

Stamps used from Purple Onion Designs:



Thanks so much for stopping by! Stop by and see what the other designers have created and  I hope you'll join us for the challenge at The Card Concept!

Hugs,


Kay :)



14 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely delightful card, Kay! I hadn't realized that you don't make a lot of happy birthday cards. Great idea to use "generic" (not a word I would associate with your work at all) cards and add the specific holiday/greeting sentiment inside. The stamps are so cute. Love that happy bee and yummy cupcake. Your work is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet group of doodles!! And oh how you have brought them to life!!! Your colouring always looks SO pretty and soft and everything, just everything is perfect!! Awesome tip on making generic and just stamping the appropriate occasion on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So super sweet Kay, love those images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you chose from the inspiration photo, Kay! Your doodle frame with the sweet cupcake is so fun, and I just LOVE your 'Happy Bee'! Beautiful Copic coloring, too...as always, I really love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightful are these doodle images (I must add some PO stamps to my collection!)! Again, your card is simply dazzling - sweet cupcake (I'll take two, please), super cute bee (my niece draws faces in a similar way - two eyes and a ginormous smile!) and a charming frame! Yes indeed, a cluster of 'happy'! Sentiment, of course, perfect! Love you card immensely!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, Kay! Love the way you combined the colours and showcased the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...VERY CUTE Kay!!! Love the way you colored this images :) What a LOVELY birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the way you combine colours Kay, masterful! The card is so cheerful and cute, the wee bee is darling. The perfect birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute and happy card...love the sweet cupcake and the way you colored it is beautiful. Great interpretation of the birthday theme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is adorable,Kay!! Awesome colors and i love the cute bee and the cupcake!! Beautiful coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, it's so fresh and fun. The stamps are great. I was inspired to try Clean and Layering this week :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kay, this is cuteness everywhere I look! Just precious!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)