Friday, January 17, 2014

Festive Friday #23

Hello and happy Friday!

I can't believe another week has flown by! They go by way too fast these days. 



I am so super excited to be posting my card for the first Festive Friday challenge of 2014! This year Meredith is doing things a little bit different with a photo for inspiration instead of a theme prompt. This first photo is gorgeous and inspired me to pull out some of my new Christmas goodies :)


I am a bit tired of the snow for the year, but I still think this photo is so pretty and I still love my snow and snowflake stamps :) I never seem to get tired of those.

So here is what I came up with!


I am so happy with the way this card turned out. I just love the white trees in the background with the cute little house. I started with a card base of Sahara Sand ( SU). I then die cut the stitched panel (Lil Inkers) and added the white trees (Impression Obsession) then the country landscape (Memory Box) and then added the house (Memory Box) I cut the roof, windows and door out of different colored card stock and glued them on to the house. I then added the last white layer of snow and stamped the greeting ( Papertrey Ink).

I hope you will play along with us at Festive Friday for the very first challenge!

You can also check out the amazing talent from the other design team members at Festive Friday!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I am looking forward to spending a relaxing day tomorrow playing and crafting with my favorite little girl :) The UPS man FINALLY made it to my house with my packages, and we have some fun things to play with! Maybe I can get some pictures to share with you next week!

Hugs,

Kay :)





19 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous, Kay! We've had some snow here, but in between storms it's been just beautiful. That big game we are scheduled to have play here on Sunday? It'll be near 60! So I can admire the beauty of this card knowing all that white stuff has melted away! Seriously though, Kay...this really is pretty. I like the hills and the trees, the bright red door and how the background piece of white with stitching matches up with the foreground piece. The final result is spot on! Happy Friday and have fun with your special girl tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay this is:...... hmmmm what word best describes how much I love this card. Simply Beautiful,amazing ,gorgeous beautiful! Any of those words will work. I love how you manage to use so many dies and still come up with such a fresh clean card. Love the inspiration photo. Have fun tomorrow ......I will take the snow for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way it turned out also, Kay...just gorgeous!!! Your layers of die cuts look perfect together! So happy to be designing with you this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kay this is stunning! The red door is so perfect along with everything else here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely STUNNING card, Kay! I love how you created your winter scene, and the colors are gorgeous! I think the stitched mats add a quaint feel to this card and the sentiment is perfect (and, one of my faves)!
    Thanks so much for your inspiration...I think I'm going to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card did turn out beautifully! Kay, you're always inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fantastic Kay, I am going to play! So much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely Kay!!!! Your card helped push me over the edge to play! Too too lovely!
    Have a great weekend Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Kay - the layers that make up this landscape scene are perfect. What a great take on the inspiration pic ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, your mojo has returned in fine form, Kay, based on the warm, inviting scene you've created with this card! Your creativity with dies is so inspiring, especially since I've arrived at the realization that stamping and I have issues! Give me a die, and I "might" have success, but stamping alone..eeek! Everything about your card makes me smile; and that red door...swoon!! LOVE this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kay, this is FANTABULOUS!!!! WOW!!! (Oh, my, give me a minute here. I'll be OK.) What a perfect scene...I think I'd like to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa, what an amazing combo of so many products, and what an incredible result!! Just beautiful, Kay! Have fun playing with your daughter with all of your fun new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card with gorgeous scene! Love the house with red door, trees, and lovely sentiment! Have a great week!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the white trees too and the sweet scene! Love that big house with the red door! Fantastic as always, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh...this scene is so Perfect!!! The combination are gorgeous Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Superb in every way !!!
    Wow, just wow!!!
    This one also totally rocks the house !!!
    Love love love !!!!
    Amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your scene--fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)