Wednesday, September 18, 2013

More Lawn Fawn Cuteness

Hello All!

I've had a super busy week and haven't had much time to create anything :(. We're leaving for our two week vacation this Friday, and I've been running around like crazy trying to tie up all the loose ends, clean the house and get everything organized for the trip. I did manage to squeeze in a little craft time on Sunday and made these two cards with some more of my new Lawn Fawn goodies. I just love their cute stamps!


I was so happy that this set came with matching dies, so didn't have to cut everything out, but what did I end up doing?? I paper pieced the fox and the log, so ended up cutting out even more detail! Oh well, it was fun and I love the look of the paper piecing. I did add a little shading with my Copic markers. Both the fox and the log are from the Critters in the Woods set. The stitched die is from Lil Inkers and that adorable paper is my new fall paper pad from Doodlebug Designs. I had a very hard time cutting that paper! haha!


The cute little owl, mushroom, and log are all from the Critters in the Woods set also. The pumpkin is from a set called Tall Oaks from Verve Stamps. That super cool woodgrain stamp is another Lawn Fawn treasure. I'm loving woodgrain right now :) That paper is more Doodlebug cuteness.

I colored everything with my Copics. Cut the owl out with the matching die, but had to hand cut everything else.

Thanks so much everyone for stopping by today. I hope you have a wonderful week. I might not be around for a couple of weeks, as I'll be hitting the road on Friday, but if I have internet on my iPad I'll try to check in and peek at some blogs.

Kay :)


Supplies:

Stamps: Critters in the Woods- Lawn Fawn, Woodgrain Backdrops- Lawn Fawn, Tall Oaks- Verve
Paper- Happy Harvest Paper pack- Doodlebug Designs
Ink- Early Expresso - SU
Dies- Lil Inkers and Lawn Fawn
Cardstock- Colored - SU, White- MFT


9 comments:

  1. What wonderful paper, Kay! I would never be able to cut it. LOL, I have to force myself to cut into pretty paper! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paper!!!!! It makes the card! This is adorable and bright Kay! I knew I should have picked that set!
    Have fun on your two week vacation. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful vacation. I love everything that you make! Sometime, could you mention the dimensions of your vertical cards? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, thank so much for your sweet comment! All of my cards are size A2 or 5.5 x 4.25 inches.

      Delete
  4. Such cute cards, Kay! Yay on getting some Doodlebug! I completely understand how hard it is to cut that paper, but if you didn't your cards wouldn't have that cute paper on them! I really like the stamps, especially that woodgrain one. You sure find some cute things!

    I hope you all have an awesome vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are adorable! I just love these stamps and dies! I really need to get my hands on some Lawn Fawn!
    I hope you will have a great vacation!! :)
    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, I love these cards. What weight is the cardstock? It looks so nice and heavy and the die/handcut images are so crisp! Great coloring as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your nice comment :) I use GinaK Pure Luxury Cardstock and it's 120lb. It is really fabulous!!

      Delete
  7. Excellent! I was thinking of using the back of my 110lb birch embossed paper from Ellen Hutson to see how the weight improves the Copic color and saturation, but I don't really want to waste it. I will have to get some of the GinaK asap! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)