Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sew Special

Hello!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I sure have. I have had time to piddle and that is my most favorite thing to do. I am not sure what Webster's definition of piddling is, but in my book is it definitely not a waste of time. It is doing whatever you want to without any pressure, deadlines or expectations. Also without it being tied to any future agenda. You know, not working towards any kind of goal. Just being in the moment and having fun. I did that today and it was nice. 

Spent most of the day in my crafty room. When hubby called today on his way home, he asked me what I did today. I told him I made a card. He said "A card"? Like only "one" card? All day?? I had to explain to him about piddling and the fact that I had been coloring and that it takes some time to color. I don't think he understands... Oh well!

So here's the cute little card that I piddled with today. It's an adorable digital stamp from Birdy Brown and you can even grab it free from her blog. I really love her cute style. So being as it was a digi stamp, I just opened it up in Photoshop and added some cute digi papers in the top of the cushy part and the sentiment underneath. I then printed it out and colored the rest with my Copics adding some shadows to the paper pieced part also. That adorable little bow on top is a die from Lil Inkers. I love it being as I am bow tying challenged :)


Thank you all so much for stopping by! 
Hope you have a wonderful week and find time to piddle :)

Hugs,

Kay :)


7 comments:

  1. OMG...this is sooo cute!!! I looove that sweet image and what beautiful coloring!!! I sooo need that bow die, too...the yellow gingham bow is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is "sew" adorable!!Love the pastel colors you used and the bow is sooooo cute!! Thank you for joining this month's challenge at Birdie Brown.

    Birdie Brown ~Torico

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've clicked over from Birdie Brown - such a lovely card!

    Your use of "piddle" is making me snort coffee out of my nose laughing - I'm in the UK and it's used (quite rarely now) as a slang word for having a pee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kay,

    I smiled at your description of piddling because we used that term in our house while I was growing up. I think I have even used it in the not so distant past. Um, and the other comment where it means something else...yup used it that way, too! How funny!

    Your card is marvelous. I like the bright, spring like colors, the digi papers, and your coloring with Copics. Lots of fun elements went into making this card and I completely get how you made "only" one card. Great job and thanks for the link to some new digi images. Gonna have to poke around over there.
    *Ü*
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these bright Spring colors! And that bow is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Kay, there needs to be a more adorable word for adorable when adorable is just not adorable enough! I have never even thought of doing that bow is some of my fun patterned papers! Gotta go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, this is so ADORABLE!!! Totally in LOVE with that gingham bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)