Thursday, April 5, 2018

Spellbinders: Good Vibes Only Collection Take Two


Hello everyone!  I am excited to be back again sharing some more fun projects I created with the new Good Vibes Only Collection by Stephanie Low. Distress inks are a good way to color up your die cuts if you don’t have a large selection of card stock. I have a couple of cards to share with you today showing how you can do that.



For my first card, I used the beautiful Wandering Butterflies dies. I cut the background pieces out of Bristol Board card stock. You can use plain card stock as well, I just like the Bristol Board because the inks blend a little smoother on it. I used some orange and yellow on the top one, pinks and purples on the middle one, and purple and aqua on the bottom one. I sprinkled these with water, blotted them and then let them dry.




After they were good and dry, I cut out the top part to the die, punched out all of the pieces and adhered this over the ink blended ones. For the background of my card, I blended some blue distress ink and sprinkled with water. When this was dry, I adhered the three butterflies with foam tape.




I then stamped the sentiment in black ink, and added some Crystal Clear Nuvo Drops.

Spellbinders Products:


Other Supplies:
Bristol Board Card stock, Distress Inks, Nuvo Crystal Clear Drops, Sentiment from My Favorite Things




For my second card, I used the exact same technique as above, but used the Petal’d Poetry Dies. I blended Distress inks onto the flowers and used green for the leaves.



I also created the background with Distress ink and sprinkled water drops.



I stamped the sentiment in back ink, and again added some  Nuvo Crystal Clear Drops


Spellbinders Products:


Other Supplies:

Bristol Board Card stock, Distress Inks, Nuvo Crystal Clear Drops, Sentiment from My Favorite Things

I hope you have enjoyed my cards today! Thank you so much for stopping by!

Kay :)





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and colorful cards, Kay. Thanks for the reminder that we can ink up our paper to create any color we want. The butterflies are so pretty! I also like the unique shapes in the flower dies. Fabulous cards! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful cards Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these cards are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)