Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Spellbinders: Good Vibes Collection



Hello everyone!  I am excited to be guesting with Spellbinders this month and sharing some fun projects I created with the new Good Vibes Only Collection by Stephanie Low. I love creating cards with dies only. There are many fun ways to use them and I have a couple of cards to share with you today showing how you can create some really eye catching dimension. 



For my first card, I used the Petal’d Poetry die set. These dies come with an additional die that cuts out a larger outline. I used the outline die to cut out an opening in the gray card stock and set that aside. I used a darker shade of gray card stock for the card base, then cut  the main flower die out of white card stock, punched all the pieces out, and glued the outline down to the card base. I then colored all of the flower pieces with Copic markers and glued them back into the white outline. 



After I had all of my pieces glued back in, I added foam tape to the light gray outer piece of card stock that I had cut the window out of, and layered that over the die cut floral image. I then stamped the sentiment underneath.




Spellbinders Supplies:

S2-294 Petal’d Poetry

Other Supplies:

Cardstock Stone Gray and Cement Gray by My Favorite Things. Happy Birthday sentiment by Papertrey Ink.




For my second card, I used the exact same technique as the first one, by creating a window with the outline die and adhering it over the top of the color floral die.



For this card, the die was a little more intricate, so I cut out two of the floral dies, left the pieces inside one of the die cut and colored them. I adhered this to my darker gray card base, then punched the pieces out of the second white die cut and adhered this over the top of the colored one. This was very helpful in that I did not have to add all of those tiny pieces back in by hand.



After I was done, I adhered the top light gray window panel over the card with foam tape, and stamped the sentiment.

Spellbinders Supplies:

S4-873 Rosy Summer Flowers


Other Supplies:

Stone Gray and Cement Gray card stock from My Favorite Things, Sentiment from WPlus9

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you in some fun ways you can use your Spellbinders dies!


Kay 


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Kay. What a neat way to showcase the dies. Beautiful colors and lovely sentiments. Thanks so much for sharing. Have an awesome day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)