Friday, July 21, 2017

Whimsy Stamps - Naughty Puppies



Hello! I am thrilled to be guesting with Whimsy Stamps again this month, and I have a cute card to share with you today! 

I'm using an adorable stamp set called Naughty Puppies for my card. I have puppies on the mind right now, because my brother's Australian Shepard just had nine puppies, and my daughter is getting one of them. We already have three dogs, but we love our pets, and she has been wanting a dog of her own for a long time now. I'm kind of excited too, because there is nothing better than a new puppy in the house! 




Isn't that an adorable image? So fun! Anyway, I used Bristol Board for my stamping. I really love it because you can use any medium on it. It blends wonderful with Copic markers and also for watercoloring and Distress Inks. I colored the cute little guy with Copic markers, then I watercolored in the background. 



I cut my design out with a stitched rectangle die, then mounted that with foam tape onto a card base covered with pink gingham paper. I then added a few little drops of Nuvo Crystal Clear drops.

You can check out the Naughty Puppies stamp set HERE at Whimsy Stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh goodness...what a cute puppy! What a lucky daughter. I'm sure it'll be a match made in doggie heaven. Your coloring is wonderful. The blush on his cheek is perfect. That snail looks so sweet, too. I really like the watercolor background. That blue is so pretty. Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. Fab colouring and I like the water colored background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute , Loved the coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your puppy is adorable and WHAT a darling home he's found on this delightful gingham - SO cute!!! I'd not thought of using Bristol for Copics... off to give it a try!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious! I like the colors and the gingham card base. I'll bet your daughter can't wait! Hope you share a photo of your newest family member!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet & happy card Kay! Your puppy is adorable. I wanted to add my congratulations and best wishes to your daughter (& family) on your new puppy. I know you can't wait. :) My best always, Stephanie (hope you have a nice weekend!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much Stephanie for your sweet comment and well wishes about our new puppy! We are excited! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

      Delete
  7. This is absolutely adorable!! I LOVE how you colored this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh puppy love, this card is beyond CUTE and your coloring always blows me away. We at Whimsy Stamps love ALL things dog too and wish your family the best of luck with the new puppy - yay! Thanks for being a super special guest designer for us :o)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)