Thursday, June 22, 2017

"One of a Kind" Simon Says Stamp Release!




Hi Everyone! Simon Says Stamp has a wonderful new release in the store now! Lots of fun new products to make your summertime stamping shine!


For my card I used a cute new stamp set called So Cool! I stamped the solid stamps of the popsicles in Distress inks onto watercolor paper. I then took a wet brush and went around them to make them look all watercolory. Then I took the line stamps and stamped over them with black ink.


I stamped the sentiment at an angle across the bottom, then added some highlights to the popsicles with white acrylic paint. I also splattered some of the white paint over the whole thing.

This is just one of the many fun new products in the June Simon Says Stamp release!
Click HERE or the image below to see everything!



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)


15 comments:

  1. Love this to bits Kay! The perfect summer card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific summer card, Kay! Bright and bold colors sure make those popsicles look delish. I really like them placed on the angle, too. Terrific work! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kay!
    SO happy to find this pretty summer card on your blog today. I love the way you colored the popsicles for such a fun look. Almost as if they are melting in a pool of wonderful color! Your unique use of these stamps is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! WOW! This is awesome Kay! Love it! YOU nailed it! lol How come we use a construction term...we need a word for one of our tools! lol You glued it just doesn't seem to have the same impact! RME. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous popsicle card! I love this bright color! I'm always inspired by your colorful style!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cool! Love your watercolor ways. I keep practicing but not there yet. Love this and this release has some real goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card - really oozes with summertime fun! Love the way the colour seeps away from each image and creates that fab background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun Kay. I love the bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun--and yummy!--card! And now I want a popsicle....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely sweet treats Kay! I'm with Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to try this technique with stamping in Distress and then using water over the solid image. This looks so cool. I also like your little added highlights!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Where do you get that lovely watercolor paper with the subtle ridges in it? I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't imagine how I missed so many posts of yours...what is going on with my feed!
    I really love how you lined up and colored all of these fabulous popsicles, Kay! Such a cool technique! Love all the details on this card, too...they look good enough to eat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)