Thursday, April 20, 2017

A Whimsical Little Snowman



Hello there! I am sharing a super cute card today that I made for my guest spot with Whimsy Stamps!




For my card I used the adorable Candle Light stamp from Whimsy Stamps. I love snowmen anytime of year, and love getting a little head start on my winter and Christmas cards. They are my favorite to make anyway.


So I stamped this cute little guy on Canson Bristol Board and colored him with my Prismacolor Colored pencils. I added a few highlights with some white acrylic paint, and some snow with Stickles.



I stamped the sentiment which is from WPlus9 underneath and cut the panel out with a stitched rectangle die. I mounted this to a card I covered with patterned paper.

The stamp I used for my card is Candle Light and you can find it HERE.

Be sure to check out all of the cute designs at Whimsy Stamps!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)


13 comments:

  1. Its so cute and the coloring Awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Kay! This is fantastic. You colored that with colored pencils?? Oh my goodness, you are just as talented with those as you are with your Copics. What an adorable image. You definitely brought him to life with your wonderful coloring skills. Yay for adding a card to your Christmas card stash. Thanks so much for sharing! Have a happy day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing coloring...did you use gamsol with prismacolor?? I love the stamp too...
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. So absolutely adorable! Your coloring skill in any medium are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most adorable snowman I have ever seen!! LOVE this sweet card Kay. And our coloring is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwwwww...this card is SO adorable Kay and I'm so blown away that it was colored using colored pencils! Christmas cards are my favorite to make too and I can see why you had so much fun making this one...cute, cute card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The coloring is fantastic! I always enjoy your posts... you do such nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute Kay! I can tell you enjoyed coloring this and you're awesome with these pencils girl! You are making me itch to color and do Christmas! HELP! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really too darn cute for words, Kay! Don't you want to put that under glass and hang it as a Christmas decoration every year?! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the most wonderful eye for light and shadow, Kay ... just as darling as a snowman can be! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Your coloring is wonderful, no matter what medium you use!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a darling card, Kay! Beautiful coloring and shading with your pencils, and your background is gorgeous! I think these Whimsy Stamps work perfectly with your cardmaking style! Sending hugs for a happy weekend, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet snowman and coloured to perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)