Thursday, June 23, 2016

I Think You're Swell

Hello friends! Is it hot enough for you? Summer has officially begun here with temps in the 90's already. It's too early for it to be that hot. At this rate, I'm going to be tired of summer real fast. Actually I'm a lover of cooler temps, so I just do what I can to make it through the heat. 

On another note, I have a summery fun card to share with you made with some of the new June Reverse Confetti products. Thinking of water and making cool cards, makes me feel a little better. It's definitely better than venturing outside.




I really loved the RC release this month! Lots of nautical and beachy themed products. So fun! 

For this card, I used the new Scalloped Cover Panel and layered that over some light teal card stock. I cut the center out of one of the new By The Sea Quick card panels and inserted that back into the die cut. I stamped the anchor and crab, cut them out with the matching Confetti Cuts, and adhered them with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on a banner tag and added that with foam tape as well.


I added a few PPP Marshmallow sequins. They look like bubbles! So perfect!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)














17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely and...fresh!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat looking card, Kay. I hear you on the hot temps. We got over 100 here this week(not officially, where they keep track of temps, but in my city). It's only June! Sigh. But your card makes me think of cool waters so that's good. :) You get some really awesome coverage with your inks and solid stamps. That red is so crisp! I like how you pulled everything together to make a really great looking card. I never would have thought to use that scallop cover plate and it looks fabulous. Great job! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That panel sure does look like waves. Great beachy theme card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do!!! The perfect bubbles for a perfect card! Super cute card and love how you used the wave piece in the circle of the shell background. Fabulous designing Kay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im with you, no heat please! 90 would be nice haha! This is one sweet card, Kay the sequins make perfect water bubbles! We all inspire to make cards like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable!! LOVE that bright red crab!! Amazing design!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Kay. I love the large card die. And yes, it's been almost 100 degrees here in Colorado -- way too hot for my taste. I hope you can stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, Kay! Love the scalloped cover panel die and the cute red crab! Not too hot here today...just right. But, higher temps are expected for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not fond of the 90s or humidity either. Give me 80 all summer!! I am however, fond of this darling card!! I like that you went aqua with your nautical theme rather than the typical red white and blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute scene and I love the beachy color palette you chose, Kay! I'm loving the scalloped cover panel, too...Such a fun card! Have a great weekend, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun new products and I love your sweet summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute....love that bright red crab!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)