Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Papertrey Ink Release In Review



Hello and welcome to the Release in Review post for the Papertrey Ink  March Release!   All of the new products you have seen shown over the past several  days will be available for sale at Papertrey Ink tonight at 10:00 EST.

This is always one of my favorite post! I get to share all of the rest of my fun projects!  And I have quite a few here, so settle right in :)





My first card up is with the beautiful new What The Doodle: Feather stamp set and dies by Betsy. Oh my! And I thought the butterfly was beautiful! Well, it was, but these feathers are equally magical! Everything here is watercolored. I stamped the feathers on watercolor paper and watercolored them with Peerless watercolors. The background was watercolored with Peerless as well. 






A tip if you want to do a background similar to this one. I wet my watercolor paper before painting, then started along the top edge and held the paper upright so the color would run down the paper. Kind of fun!


STAMPS: What the Doodle: Feather, Keep it Simple: Encouragement
DIES: What The Doodle: Feather
INK: True Black
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White

***




Another watercolory one using the new Shaped Saying: Birthday Die by Maile. This time to create my background, I did not wet the paper first. I just dry brushed my different colors across the bottom corner of the watercolor paper. Super fast and super easy to do, with a fun effect!




I layered a thin strip of Vintage Jadeite patterned paper along the bottom before adhering the top panel down with foam tape. I added a few leaves from the Blooming Cute stamp set. I do so many girly cards, that I left the flowers off thinking, this would be perfect for a guy! 

STAMPS: Blooming Cute
DIES: Blooming Cute, Shaped Sayings: Birthday
INK: Pinefeather, Vintage Jadeite
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Vintage Jadeite + White

***



I swear I made some cards that I actually did not watercolor on! haha! For this one, again, I used watercolor paper and Peerless watercolors. I actually took this die and pressed it into the card stock to make an impression where the balloons were so I would know where to add my color. After the watercolors dried, I die cut two of the Best Birthday Dies out and layered them over the impression. 





I filled in the two pink balloons with some Lovely Lady + White patterned paper, then I popped up the sentient with some foam tape and added a few clear sequins.

DIES: Best Birthday
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Lovely Lady + White Basics
OTHER: Master’s Touch Watercolor Paper, Peerless Watercolors

***



Ah ha! No watercoloring on this one! It didn't need it. Betsy's adorable new Bloomin' Cute stamps are so adorable, I didn't want anything to distract from them, so I kept my background clean and simple. I did play around with a bit different color combination on this one. I kind of like it! :)



The little dots you see scattered around are from the extras in the Script Swirls: Birthday set.

STAMPS: Bloomin' Cute, Circle Script Swirls: Birthday
DIES: Bloomin' Cute
INK: Spring Rain, Stormy Sea, Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet, Soft Stone
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Stormy Sea + White

***




Oh I just love how this card turned out. One of my favorite Bible verses paired up with one of my all time favorite stamps sets, Spring Woods. I just thought they were so perfect together! I sponged a little Winter Wisteria ink onto my background and then splattered some around too, before adding the die cut. 




I stamped the branch and flowers with my MISTI using Lovely Lady and Winter Wisteria inks. It made a lovely shade of purple!


STAMPS: Inspired: Lord, Spring Woods
DIES: Inspired: Lord, Spring Woods
INK: Stormy Sea, Spring Rain, Lavender Moon, Classic Kraft, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow

PAPER: Stamper’s Select White

***

Are you still with me here? Whew! I told you there were quite a few :)



Another one of my favorites! I just don't think you can go wrong with cute flowers and butterflies! And these new Fancy Pants sentiments by Erin are totally fun! I'm all about swirly things! Love them!




STAMPS: Fancy Pants Sentiments, Bloomin' Cute, Bitty Butterflies
DIES: Fancy Pants Sentiments, Cover Plate: Bitty Butterflies
INK: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Ocean Mist, Spring Moss, 
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Melon Berry, Bright Buttercup + White

***



Some more flower fun using Splits: Celebrate by Maile paired up with Bloomin' Cute by Betsy! The striped paper along the bottom is from the Twig Wreath paper pack.





STAMPS: Splits: Celebrate, Bloomin' Cute
DIES: Splits: Celebrate, Bloomin' Cute
INK: True Black, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White, Twig Wreath Paper Pack

***



Okay how fun is that? I don't know how the idea to stamp the sentiment across like that, leaving one bold, came into my head, but I'm so glad it did! I thought it was so neat! And I was happy to have a chance to use my chocolate cake, that I had stamped earlier, on a card :) 


I added one of the Frosted border dies along the bottom and it seemed to be just what it needed! I think this card would work great for a guy too, even though there are a few flowers on the cake. I'm not sure who decided flowers were just for girls anyway??

STAMPS: Ombre Sentiments: Birthday, Just Desserts
DIES: Just Desserts, Frosted Borders
INK: Classic Craft, Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Green Parakeet
PAPER: Stamper’s Select White

Alright! That is all! If you made it all the way through my long post, well I appreciate it so much! I had an incredibly wonderful time making all of these cards! I do love Papertray Ink!! 

All of these wonderful new products will be available for sale at  Papertrey Ink  tonight at 10:00 EST!  


For more amazing inspiration visit the rest of the Papertrey Ink Design team!


 Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)






39 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness gracious! In addition to your regular duties you made 8 more cards. Not only 8 additional cards, 8 gorgeous cards. I'm in complete awe. There is no way to adequately express what I adore about each one, but they are all visually pleasing as only a Kay card could be. You are equally talented with watercoloring as you are with Copic coloring and just regular stamping. You are a marvel, Kay and I am so glad you have found such a fulfilling outlet for your creative energies. We are all lucky recipients!! Thank you so much for all you create and share. Big, happy hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards...loved eaCh of them !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards...loved eaCh of them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - every last one of them. You have such a knack for water coloring, I would love it if you did a Make It Monday or Stamp A Faire tutorial on how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...great cards!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are all absolutely stunning! Love your style. Now I am going to have to go back and rethink my order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! You have quickly become my favourite PTI designers. I seem to love each card you make. I echo Jennifer K's comment about doing a tutorial on some of your watercolour techniques. I Also wondered how you did the small paint splatters. I find a spritzer (air gun thing) gives me too fine a mist and flicking a paintbrush is a little to random and unpredictable. Greetings from sunny South Australia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all. I love your watercoloring. I ditto Jennifer K. It would be great to see how you go about your watercoloring. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Kay!!! Your cards are out of this world!!! LOVE them all!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all fantastic! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are just amazing, Kay! LOVE them all!!
    My fave is the one with that perfect bible verse! One of my favorites too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow! These are SO beautiful! Love all the bright watercoloring but the last one with the birthday cake and the soft colors is just so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. kay, these are all stunning. i LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are amazingly beautiful, Kay - I am floored by all the additional loveliness on this post! Sadly, seeing these has made my Wish List grow larger :-( LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful, beautiful cards; thanks for sharing some of your water colouring secrets with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all your cards-so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all gorgeous Kay! You make me want them all!
    When you bought your new big shot did you get the bigger one or just the regular one and are you happ with that size. I couldn't remember what you ended up with .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are wonderful! I am enjoying the Springs Wood as well! And then your birthday cake card, love it! The cake you made, the BOLD sentiment row, and the perfect frosting border!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous Kay! Love your watercoloring and thanks for the mini how to/s!! Love the cake sentiment...those colors together... yes! I emboss the die into the card too...makes it easy to see where to glue and to get the lines glued on straight...just adds a little bit of umpf too! :D All around over the top wonderful cards Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are all so amazing!! You have such great watercoloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful cards love the feather and the colors. All of them are so bright and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All this eye candy is fabulous Kay, you are the queen of the watercoloured background. I love all of these so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many LOVELY projects, Kay, your watercolor work brings these stamps and dies to life so beautifully!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my WOW! What an amazing array of cards. I wouldn't know which one to chose if I were asked to do so. I especially love your watercolor backgrounds though. They are always so so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your watercolor washes are really nice. Such nice cards! Love new product release time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kay I have NEVER been at a loss for words ... *sigh* gorgeous ... every card.
    =] We need to talk about spattering, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Look at you go with your grand ending! Awesome projects~

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your water coloring is stunning and I love how you used that ombre sentiment with the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous, stunning, gorgeous, perfectly-executed, awesome, beautiful, unique...you naming, Kay, and these and other adjectives describe your creations to a tee. We are SO lucky to have you showcasing all the PTI products. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have really out-done yourself with all of these GORGEOUS cards, Kay! Beautiful stamping, coloring, and watercoloring on every one! Can't wait to start shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Kay I love each and every card! So fun to see how everyone on the team uses the products!! I have enjoyed seeing all of your cards throughout the release! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Kay,

    Another array of GORGEOUS Cards!!! PLEASE make a video!!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  33. I loved your post and your cards. Thanks for sharing!! Also thanks for the watercoloring tips! I am just trying out watercoloring and need all the help I can get!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Holy smokes Kay, there's a whole lot of PRETTINESS going on here!! Love them all, each and every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kay, these are so stunningly gorgeous that I can't even imagine how you come up with such beauties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh my goodness Kay, I love them ALL! Your designs are always so clean, crisp and beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Kay, your creations are absolutely gorgeous! I love the texture of your watercolor paper, can you share what brand/kind of paper you use?

    ReplyDelete
  38. Kay, these are just beautiful! Peerless watercolors, can never have enough! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)