Monday, February 15, 2016

Papertrey Ink Release In Review


Hello and welcome to the Release in Review post for the Papertrey Ink February Anniversary Release!  This has been one of the most amazing releases I've ever seen! I absolutely love everything! All of the new products you have seen shown over the past 10 days will be available for sale at Papertrey Ink tonight at 10:00 EST.

There are still  challenges and fun things going on for the Anniversary celebration so hop on over to Nichole's blog to get all of the details! 

So today I have a couple of cards I did with the new coloring pages.



This card was made with the Peonies On Parade coloring pages. I don't often use my colored pencils anymore, but I just felt like doing some old fashioned coloring here. I even outlined the edges of everything like I used to do when I was a kid :) I really enjoy doing that. And if this coloring style looks kind of familiar, I was channeling my inner Kelly Latevola while I colored this. :) She's pretty awesome. I hope I did her justice. I sure had fun!



The sentiment is from Betsy's new Tulip Time set and stamped in Smokey Shadow ink. I added a few clear sequins.

STAMPS: Tulip Time
INK: Smokey Shadow

PAPER: Peonies On Parade Coloring Sheets, Stamper’s Select white

***


My daughter just loved this card when I finished it. I kind of new she would. I thought of her while I was making it. I colored the What The Doodle: Butterfly coloring page with Copic markers, then cut about an inch off of the bottom. I then cut a strip of Lovely Lady patterned paper and a strip of Smokey Shadow paper and layered those at the bottom of the card. I popped the colored panel up with some foam tape. 



The sentiment is from the new Anniversary set. I stamped it in True Black and cut it out like a little banner, then I added a few clear sequins. It was a fun and fast card to make!

STAMPS: Painted Panels
INK: True Black
PAPER: What The Doodle: Butterfly Coloring pages, Stamper’s Select, Smokey Shadow, Lovely Lady + White Basics Paper collection

***

 This was the first time I've participated in the Anniversary release and I have to say it has been so much fun showcasing all of these products that I love so much! I want to thank you all so much for the sweet comments you have left along the way too! You melt my heart! :)

All of these wonderful new products will be available for sale at  Papertrey Ink  tonight at 10:00 EST!  

For more amazing inspiration visit the rest of the Papertrey Ink Design team!


 Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)








24 comments:

  1. WOW! Every card is stunning!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Ooooh, I'm so happy to see that you colored with pencils!! What a great look. I like the outlining, too. I used to do that myself!! So fun. You definitely channeled Kelly as your colors are as bold and bright as hers. Whooo hoooo! And oh my gosh, the second card...well put me in line behind your sweet daughter, you had me at butterfly! Look how the colors pop against the black! I can't get over how stunning this card is. Kay, you honestly never cease to amaze me with your cards. I so admire how you come up with beautiful cards. They are always fresh and delightful. Thank you SO much for sharing! I hope you have an amazing week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards, Kay! You totally rocked this release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome anniversary celebrations, Kay. You added so much to the festivities this year. Love everything you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shading with your flowers and the sentiments from tulip time are pulling me in big time!! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That colored pencil one is absolutely gorgeous! You did a grand job with shading and such. I just got a new set of Prismacolored pencils and simply must get some stamps or coloring pages to use on my cards...especially now that I've seen your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love seeing images coloured with pencil crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! You are always my go-to inspiration! Love the pencil coloring! And the pink copics are stunning! the release was the best with your creations! All wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these cards the coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Kay, the colours are amazing. Your coloured pencil piece is amazing and I remember doing the same when I was young. I wonder where my coloured pencils ended up when we moved--feeling inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Kay! LOVE the butterfly card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been over much, Kay, but don't think I haven't loved every single card! I'm with your daughter on this last one - Oh la la!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG your peonies card is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your attention to color, design, and detail is amazing, Kay!!! Your cards are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, Kay, I especially love the peony card, WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Kay, and you colored those peonies. They're done so perfectly you should frame it. And, your daughter is right about your Doodle Butterflies...so striking! What a fun release with you as an integral part.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kay,

    AWESOME ending for an AWESOME release!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have rocked this release Kay!! BEAUTIFUL cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You hope you did me justice?! Are you kidding me?! They are stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. You're pretty awesome too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards, and beautiful showcase of all the new goodies, Kay! I love how you channeled your 'Inner Kelly' with your coloring, too...Looks like she's also very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)