Sunday, November 1, 2015

MFT November Release Countdown Day 2



Hello! I am back for day 2 of the My Favorite Things Release Countdown! I can't believe it is whizzing by so fast! Only 2 more days until all of the fabulous new stamps and dies will be available!

Be sure to check out the My Favorite Things Blog to see a full reveal of today's products, and to see what all the other fabulous design team members have done! All of the new products will be available Tuesday, November 3rd, at 10:00pm EST!

Today I have some really fun projects I made with the Hot Cocoa Cups Die-namics and Hug In a Mug stamp set!



This was just too much fun to make! I have been primarily a card maker and haven't done much with treat bags and boxes, but lately I have really been wanting to try some. I found this cute box on Youtube HERE. I already had the box cut out before I had totally decided to use it for this project, so I used some older textured card stock for it. The little panel on the front is from the Calm & Cozy Chevron paper pack, cut out with the Zig Zag stitched Rectangle. The white circle is cut from the Double stitched circle STAX and the banner from Blueprints 2. For the mug, I used some Distress inks, sponging them on and then sprinkling with water to get the white spots. I then speckled them with some of the same color ink. I assembled the mug and added it to the white circle with foam tape.



The snowflake is from the Let it Snowflake Die-namics. I added a little twine bow and a button with glue dots. The sentiment is from the Gift Tag Greetings set.  I then sent hubby to the grocery store to get me some hot chocolate and candy canes! He's a good guy! :)


***



Now this little bag only holds cocoa for one, and I created it myself. I just kind of made it up as I went along. I used the Blueprints 26 die to cut the pocket out. I cut two of these and then cut the top part off of one for the little pocket. I glued them together with score tape.  I trimmed the edge  with a scalloped border cut from patterned paper. I again used the double stitched circle die to cut out the white circle and did the mug the same as the box above, with distress inks. The sentiment is from the Hug in a Mug stamp set stamped in black licorice ink. The snowflake is from the Let it Snowflake die-namics and again I tied a little bow of red and white twine.


I just love the way these turned out and am looking forward to making several to share over the winter holidays!


I hope you have enjoyed seeing all of the new products in use! They are so awesome!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Don't forget to stop by the MFT blog to see more wonderful things you can do with these fun new products!

See you back tomorrow!

Kay :)




Hot Cocoa Box




Hot Cocoa Pouch


28 comments:

  1. I really love how the speckles look. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute another way to use these to make gifts, awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little gift package. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to package hot chocolate! It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, Kay! These look fantastic and would make amazing gifts. I so enjoy seeing the projects your creative mind dreams up. The packages are so enticing. I want some hot cocoa now, even though it's been near 70 here! Ha, ha! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wonderful idea for gifting someone like this, who doesn't love it! Beautiful speckled effect on a mug with a little heart with every element in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kay! this could not be any more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect use of the cups to make a Hot Chcolate gift container for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the CUTENESS, I can hardly stand it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, and what a perfect gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great treat holder. So very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute gift-giving, Love the speckled cup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love finding new ways to create treat packaging...I make them up for the grandkids to bring to their teachers...I love your packages and that awesome mug!! this is such a great release!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun project, Kay! I love your details on the hot cocoa mug...makes me want to have a taste :) Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute little gift Kay! Darling packaging with the new release! :D I won the tags dies and greetings stamps! Can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both absolutely darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Little gifts with a whole lot of impact, Kay! Sooooooo sweet!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Precious creation! I can see myself having fun creating with the hot cocoa set in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This little gift holder is so darling. The speckles on the cup make it look absolutely real. Love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is SO CUTE!! The way you colored in that cup is just so pretty. LOVE this whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This little treat s so much fun!$ who wouldn't love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just too cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so fun and a perfect gift for anyone! You always add the perfect touches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)