Monday, November 9, 2015

MFT Creative Construction With Blueprints Challenge





Hello , it's time for  the My Favorite Things Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge! The hustle and bustle of the season doesn’t allow us as much play time as we’d like. Fortunately for us devoted crafters, there’s still ample opportunity to put those supplies to good use. This month, MFT has challenged the team of designers to use Blueprints to create pretty packaging for the humble gift card. 




And this is what I have done! I love the little Target dog. I used to have a dog that looked just like that :) I used Blueprints 9 for my card. I cut the big green tag out, then cut another one out of the red card stock. I used the notched die to cut the little scalloped whole out. I even spaced it a little to the left side, so you could see the dogs face. I glued this red piece down to the green piece with some Score tape, just around the edges, so there would be room to slip my gift card in. I used the stitched horizontal die to cut out the green striped paper and the white sentiment strip. I stamped the sentiment from the Let's Get Cozy stamp set and glued those both to my tag.



For the top, I cut a snowflake out with the Pierced Snowflake dies, cut it flat across the top and glued it down flush with the top edge. I then cut the half circle out with the same green strip paper and glued that over the snowflake. I added a little twine bow with a glue dot.


The flower and holly are both from the Winter Warmth set stamped in Electric Red and Sour Apple dye inks I adhered them with foam tape to the right edge. I then mounted the whole gift card tag onto a top folded smooth white card base.

There you have it! Such a cute gift for a teenager or any age really! Make sure you stop by the MFT Blog to see what all the other talented designers have done with this challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Kay :)





12 comments:

  1. That card holder is just darling! I LOVE the way you cut out a half-circle to frame the dog's face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is one of the best gift card holders I've seen. I really like the idea of the pretty snowflake tucked under that top reinforcement. Your colors and layers all look fabulous together. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty gift card holder! Love the snowflake and poinsettia details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gift card holder, and the dog makes it even better, hee hee :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute gift card holder! I especially LOVE how the Target pup is peeking from the notch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun gift card holder!! I LOVE that the little pup on the gift card adds to the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I'm sure anyone would love to receive a gift card packaged this cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you made the gift tag centered around the dog...It looks Perfect! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity, Kay! I LOVE this gift card holder...so cute! Stunning photography, too! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gift card holder is simply amazing (as is everything you create) and the 'little' detail of being able to see the dog's 'spot' is yet more evidence of your designer's eye! Super festive!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kay, the way you put colors and patterns together is amazing! I love everything you do!! Thanks for this great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)