Thursday, November 12, 2015

Introducing Winter Woods





Hello and welcome to the first Papertrey Ink group post! All of the products you are seeing today will be available at the Papertrey Ink online store at 10:00pm EST on Nov. 15th. 

Today we are showcasing a brand new stamp set and dies designed by Nichole Heady called Winter Woods. I have to tell you, I am in love with this set! It speaks to me in so many ways! I love birch trees for one thing, and I really have a thing for winter birds too! I so love it! There is  also a new birch Cover Plate, be still my heart, and matching paper pack! Along with this set we are also featuring some beautiful snowflake stamps and dies from Dawn McVey. You can never have too many snowflake stamps and dies in my opinion :) So on to my projects!



For my first card, I created the background by blending Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Pinefeather, and New Leaf dye inks onto some White Linen card stock. I then splattered it with some of the Hawaiian Mist and New Leaf mixed with a little water and some white paint. Next I cut the Winter Woods Cover plate. I stamped it with the birch pattern along the edges of the trees, then took a warm grey Copic marker and ran along the edges of all the trunks to give it a little dimension. I then glued this down to my blended piece. I stamped the cardinal , cut it out and added it with foam tape and stamped the sentiment at the top with True Black. All of this was then mounted to an A2 size top folded card base. 


Hello Winter Card

STAMPS: Winter Woods
DIES: Winter Woods, Cover Plate: Winter Woods
PAPER: Stampers Select, White Linen
INK: Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, Pinefeather, True Black, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate



For my next card I used the adorable little Chick-a-dee! I stamped him with the new ink color Stormy Sea! It's the perfect gray! I used a piece of the paper from the Winter Woods paper Collection for my background, then I cut a circle out of a piece of white card stock. I mounted that on top with foam tape. I stamped and cut out the bird and pine branch and adhered both of those  with foam tape as well. The sentiment is stamped with True Black ink, and I added a few PPP sequins.



Winter Birthday Wishes

STAMPS: Winter Woods
DIES: Winter Woods
PAPER: Winter Woods Paper Collection, Stampers Select
INK: True Black, Stormy Sea, Pinefeather, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy



My last card might be my favorite. I do dearly love to cluster lots of little things and that is exactly what I did on this card. Again, I used one of the papers from the Winter Woods paper collection for my background. I used the wreath from Twig Wreath and some beautiful snowflakes from Dawn's new Fab Flakes, and clustered those all together with some birch trees, and that beautiful cardinal to create my focal point.  I stamped some tiny dots from Confetti Toss and the stars from Birthday Cheer. They make pretty nice little snowflakes don't you think? :) I stamped the sentiment from Fab Flakes just under the cardinal in True Black ink. 



Winter Hello Card

STAMPS: Winter Woods, Twig Wreath, Confetti Toss, Fab Flakes, Birthday Cheer
DIES: Winter Woods, Fab Flakes, Twig Wreath
PAPER: Winter Woods Paper Collection, Stampers Select
INK: True Black, Stormy Sea, Ocean Tides, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, Soft Stone

And that is all from me today! I will see you back here tomorrow for another preview of some more of the amazing new Papertrey Ink products from the November release! Remember all of the new products will be available at Papertrey Ink on November 15, 10:00 PM EST!

Be sure and check out what all the other amazing design team members have done with these new products!




Hugs,

Kay :)

39 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, Kay! All three cards are fabulous! I really like the new gray color. I also like that you used a star from a different set on the one card. You've done three cards that are similar but oh so different. Each is beautiful in its own way. That last one is pure Kay with the clusters. Your forte for sure. Thanks so much for sharing. Your talent is shining brightly on these. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are outstanding, they take your breath away. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZA!!! Love them! The last card is my fav as well...what fabulous inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Kay! I love every card you made, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWSERS Kay, these cards are all so fantastic. You've done an incredible job showcasing these new products. I absolutely love these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Love the cardinal sitting on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't pick a favorite - these are all soooo gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful, Kay! I love birds of any kind and these are fantastic,especially the cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kay, your cards are all STUNNING!
    The last one is my favorite, too. The clusters are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All 3 are gorgeous! They all look so crisp and bright - the perfect thing to brighten up someone's dreary winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunned. As usual. Don't know where your mind goes, but you are absolutely amazing. Love all three, but that first one made me fall off my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are AMAZING, Kay, absolutely STUNNING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every card is absolutely stunning! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty, pretty, PRETTY Kay!!! Gorgeous, beautiful, lovely Winter creations! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are gorgeous!! Love how you showcased the birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Your cards are amazingly beautiful! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards! I love the last one - they way you pulled so many different elements together - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Thot I could live without this set, now I'm not so sure... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are all so fabulous, Kay! I especially love how the bird looks with the Twig Wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kay! You don't know how close to my heart this set could be! I ask this of every company: think there is a lay-away plan?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  21. You always do stunning work! Love every single one of these. They are so lucky to have you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kay each one is gorgeous! I know so many bird watchers that are going to love this set!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful designs. Love the different ways you used the bird stamp and birches. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful wintery cards with the birds...love cardinals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are absolutely gorgeous! I saw your card on the PTI blog and so glad I get to see all of them more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love seeing your cards EVERYWHERE lately! ;) -- these 2 stamped birds are so fabbylous - I really like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You definitely feature these new items perfectly & beautifully - all 3 of your cards are simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Kay,

    A Mae West would say..........MA'VELOUS DAH'LING!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh wow Kay,
    I don't know what rock I was living under, but I have only just "discovered" your wonderful talent. And to say I am thrilled that you are now a part of Papertrey Ink is an understatement. Your creations speak to me and your cards are just beautiful!! I look forward to seeing what you will make next!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kay, these are amazing! I love them all, but I especially love that bright one with the cover plate!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! All 3 cards are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my, Kay...you have really showcased these new stamps, dies and cover plate BEAUTIFULLY! I love how you played with the colors on the cardinal and how you created a perfect scene on each each card...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  33. love what u have done with these lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kay you have really made those birds shine. All such gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats Kay on a super first group post, I love your cards especially the cardinal in the wreath. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely work. Greetings from South Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning, Kay...You've highlighted your love for birch trees and winter birds with sophistication, style and flair! Beyond impressive!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)