Thursday, October 1, 2015

Pinterest Inspired Challenge Guest



Hello friends!
I am thrilled to be the October guest designer for The Pinterest Inspired Challenge! There is a beautiful graphic to help inspire you! I hope you'll play along! You have the entire month of October to join in the fun!



Isn't that beautiful! And purple just happens to be my favorite color! 


And here is what I did with it! I stamped the leaves on the background with Distress Ink onto watercolor paper. I used Shaded Lilac and Pumice Stone. I inked up my stamp first, then spritzed it with my mister before stamping, to give it that watercolor look. After the stamping, I went in with just a wet brush and blended the edges out a little more. I let this dry real well, then speckled some of the same colors of distress inks onto my paper. After this was all dry, I mounted my sentiment and  flower  along the top with foam tape.


Supplies:
Sentimental Flourish Frame - MFT
Sentiment- Day Dreamer - PTI
Leaf stamps - PTI
Flower - Oopsy Daisy Die-namics

Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out the Pinterest Inspired Challenge Blog to see what all the fabulous design team has done with this beautiful image, and join in and play along!

Kay :)




20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kay! This is beautiful! I know how inspired you must have been by the colors. I really like the watercolor effect you got by spritzing the ink on the stamp and then blending with the brush. You really know your way around the watecolor look and the ink splatters. The die cut flourish box is gorgeous and what a lovely sentiment. All around fabulous! Congratulations on the guest designer spot!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. Your background is amazing. Congrats on the guest DT spot and congrats on the new DT with PTI. Just saw the news. So incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple and green are a great colour combo. That die cut frame for this lovely sentiment is awesome and I am so pleased that you added no colour to frame or to the punched flower as this has just highlighted the back ground beautifully .
    Love the card . cheers Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAY!!! you are a PTI girl! I knew you would be! So very happy for you:)
    Ok, I'm calming down now. Gorgeous card today for the pinterest inspired challenge. :) :) gonna happy dance all day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Kay! And CONGRATS on being on PTI team. I can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations,Kay! Oh my gosh I am so happy for you and for us because you make the best cards! Well ,I should say worried for us because you make me want every product you use! Sooooexcited for you!!!!!!
    This card is stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Kay! What happy news to wake up to this morning! I love your style, duh, and can't think of anyone who would be more perfect for the PTI design team. P.S. Your card is a big wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! FABulous take on the challenge Kay! oh, I want to try this! lol Gorgeous card designing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Congratulations on your Guest design :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! You are truly amazing at this watercolor/beautiful thing! And I love that flourish frame...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this so much, Kay, that I had to pin YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous colors, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited that you are now designing for PTI. I love, love everything you do and am a big fan of PTI. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, this is so lovely, Kay! The background is simply STUNNING, and the delicate white die cuts look amazing against it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your Guest DT spot! Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo, Kay! Your background is so dreamy, and I love the sentiment! Loving the flourish frame, too...it really adds a touch of elegance to your design! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on being guest designer! I absolutely love your take on the inspiration photo - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is delicate and lovely Kay! I like the fancy frame you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just stunning! Gorgeous colors with the wonderful white elements!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your pretty purple background, will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)