Thursday, June 18, 2015

MFT Die-namic Designs Shape it Up Challenge




Hello friends!

Welcome to another My Favorite Things Die-namics Design team challenge! This month we are are featuring the amazing array of STAX die-namics from MFT!

We love STAX for their versatility and value. Basic shapes in a variety of sizes make them a fantastic way to beef up your toolbox with supplies that will stand the test of time and never go out of style. Beyond simple matting, these die cuts can be layered and combined in completely new and unique ways and this month, our team will give you just a taste of their capabilities. While STAX run the gamut to include stars, hearts, and flags, this month we’re focusing on the most elemental shapes of all: squares, rectangles, circles, and ovals. We’ve opened things up a little bit to include a variety of border options so you’ll see some stitched and pierced detailing, but you’ll be astounded by how creative you can be with a few simple lines and curves.

The STAX Die-namics are great for building your design on, as I have done here using the Cross Stitch Circle STAX Die-namics!




For the background I sponged some Pink Lemonade dye ink onto Pink Lemonade card stock. I love to use the same ink on the same colored paper for a beautiful tone on tone pattern! I cut the cross stitched circle die out with Smooth white card stock and mounted it with foam tape. I sponged some Cherry Crisp ink onto some white card stock using a kind of ombre effect, then cut the love sentiment out of that. I colored the cute kitty with Copic markers and added it with foam tape. I adhered the love die sentiment over the kitty, to look like he was hanging from it. I tucked the stem and flower from Build-able Blooms under the edge of the love sentiment bar. I love mew was stamped with black ink underneath.  Lastly I added a few 4mm Pretty Pink Posh sequins!




Thanks so much for stopping by today! Make sure to stop by the MFT blog to see what the other fabulous MFT design team members have done with this fun challenge!

Hugs,

Kay :)





13 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! I LOVE the color and the design of your card is fabulous! I enjoy your design style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable...love the way you inked up the sentiment die cut Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card, Kay. Be still my heart, that kitty is absolutely adorable! I love how he is hanging there. You are very clever. The tone on tone background is fantastic and the way you inked the word love is also so very clever. Thank you so very much for sharing, Kay. I adore your card designs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is too cute for words! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Not sure how you do it! You have an endless supply of creativity for each card you make! Love the patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy card Kay! SO CUTE! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh this is CUTE!! Love the inking on your sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER CUTE Card!! =) I LOVE the New Cross Stitched Die-Namics and your FUN Design!! Look like such a Silly and Playful Kitty!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute,cute card Kay!! I love the background and this sweet cute kitty!! Adorable!!
    HUGS sweet lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable how that cat is hanging from the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright...now I really, really need a kitten! A little 'hefty' one, just like the one you've shared here! Totally adore this card...meow-velous (sorry, had to *grin*)
    Hugs~~c

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this card! Love the design and the colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)