Sunday, January 11, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #97 Winter Themed




Hello friends!

I hope you're enjoying your Sunday.  It is raining here and it's below 32 degrees... that spells trouble. We're going to have some serious ice I'd say, and I have a dentist appointment in the morning. Looks like I'm going to half to wait even longer for that crown :)

I have another winter themed card for you today. I'm trying to cram as many winter cards in as I can before everyone is sick of winter and wanting springy stuff :) This has certainly been the year for foxes in the snow for me. I have lost count of how many cards I've made with foxes this season. I just love them! 

I'm also playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge this week. To my complete horror, I realized that I hadn't even used any of my new winter Lawn Fawn stuff and that is a tragedy my friends! The challenge this week is winter themed, so I had to get my little fox and birch trees out for this one :)


I first used Pumice Stone and Broken Glass Distress Inks on some watercolor paper for the background, then spritzed with water. I added the birch trees and the two fluffy trees to the background and then mounted the snowy hills with foam tape. I added the straight tree between the two layers of snow for some dimension, and then the little fox with foam tape too. I stamped the sentiment and then added the two snowflakes with foam tape. I mounted the whole thing on a kraft A2 card base.

Supplies from Lawn Fawn:
Joy To the Woods-stamp set and dies
Making Frosty Friends stamp set
Stitched Hillside Borders
Stitched Snowflakes
Stitched Rectangles




Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Hugs,

Kay :)






27 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kay. Such a soft palette. Stay warm and safe with the weather your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look gorgeous Kay!! Love those birch trees. Hope your weather perks up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhh! I love it! Everything about it ! The soft colors, the pastel trees, the diecut snowflakes... <3 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!!! Great coloring
    ️Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping.
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kay - I'm loving this sweet foxy friend ;) Hope the weather's not too bad for you! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Card! Love all the stitched dies you used and that fox is just ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. From the beautiful background to that super silver fox,, I LOVE it. I KNEW I should've gotten that set!
    Be careful out there if it decides to ice up on you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beauty <3 lawn fawn is such fun and what are we to do with all the beautiful new releases to come! Might have to sell a kidney LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just as sweet as can be with the adorable fox and wintery scene, Kay...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous winter scene Kay, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another goregeous and flawless card Kay! Love the colors and scene you created!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kay. I just had to come to your blog after seeing your amazing card you made for Paper Smooches using the bee, hearts and hive. I love your light sponged background. I have browsed your blog and LOVE your style. I am now a follower. Thank you for your inspiration. Hugs, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kay! This is adorable! Such soft, sweet colors too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you averted the horror and tragedy by bringing out these wonderfully delightful stamps and dies to create this AWESOME wintry-themed card! You and foxes = dynamic duo! Keep 'em coming (foxes and hearts for Valentines, foxes and flowers for spring *grin*). Your scene is, as always, a work of art. So much detail, so much eye-candy...Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Kay this is just adorable! I love the colors, those pretty little trees and that sweet fox!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Kay, your work never fails to make me smile big. I'm so glad you got a chance to pull these out and use them to your distinct Kay advantage. Wonderful, cozy scene! That background is really neat and I know how much you love your birch trees. Great looking fox there. All the details you add to create your scenes are fabulous! Oh golly, what is it with that tooth! So sorry the weather may not cooperate in your getting the crown. Better to be safe than sorry I guess! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. THIS IS GORGEOUS!! i LOOOOOOOOVE that background! and all of the soft colors...wow!! excellent! that winter fox is SO cute, and those blue and green trees with the birch trees - GENIUS!! absolutely a beautiful and amazing card! thank you for playing along over at the Lawnscaping Challenge blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. super tragedy! happy you fixed that and love what you created!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely LOVE your card! And I don't think I can ever tire of fox-themed cards, just love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous card, Kay! I love how you created your background and how every one of your die cuts are placed so perfectly! LOVE the fox to pieces, too! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome winter scene you created! I really love everything about it! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful scene Kay...love the colors you combined and pretty coloring...gorgeous card! I'm in the same horror situation. boohoo! I'm afraid mine will end in tragedy! They will still be new for awhile. Well, one day when the kids were here, I did stamp and cut the fox a few times but that's all the farther I got. I won't despair yet! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is just perfect,Kay!! WOW! Love everything you did here...amazing!!
    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card! I just love that color palette. Pure perfection. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't know how you do it! Every single card is perfection ! Love the soft colors . I think we all have way to many stamps we haven't used.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so gorgeous! Love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)