Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving and Paper Smooches



Happy Thanksgiving my American friends! I hope you are all looking forward to or recovering from a wonderful Thanksgiving feast!

We are at my husband's family's house today celebrating the holiday with them, then tomorrow we will be at our house with my side of the family.

I thought I needed a special post to celebrate the holiday, so I decided to post a card I did for the November Paper Smooches release. I really love the way this card turned out. If you have been following my blog for some time, then you know of my own-going love affair with birch trees. Well, these Paper Smooches ones, were my very first and still hold a special place in my heart :)



This was done on watercolor paper. I sponged distress ink on a piece and spritzed with water, then added the watercolored birch trees to that piece. I then cut a circle out of another piece of watercolor paper and added that on top with foam tape. I cut the welcome and Christmas words out and layered them three times for dimension and glued them down.  I added the little cardinal with foam tape.

Paper Smooches items used:


I hope you all enjoy your day! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

Kay :)




11 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Kay! Hope you and your family enjoy the day! Wow, my friend, this card is gorgeous. Your love of birch trees sure put them on my radar and I have seen more and more on the market over the past year. When I see them, guess who I think of? :) And that's a good thing! I really like the watercolor look you achieved. Looks like you are having some fun with distress inks. The effects you achieve are so beautiful. Thank you so very much for all the beautiful cards you share on your blog as well as your sunny and positive personality. I'm thankful for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful Kay!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanksgiving :) your card as always is beautiful, I love the inking !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving sweet Lady!! :)
    Your card is stunning!! I love your distressing in the background and how you colored the trees with watercolors!! Perfect!!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this one... you really make water coloring outstanding! Love the birch trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving!! If it's okay with you, I am totally casing this card!!! Have a peaceful time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving. I love this card! I always know the good ones when they take my breath away. I love the colors and I love all the depth. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty background! happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauitful card! I hope and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't begin to tell you how much I love this card, Kay! Your water colored background is so pretty, and your birch trees are amazing! LOVE your little cardinal, too! So sweet and so festive and a lovely way to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope both days were lots of fun for you and your family! Hugs, Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Thanksgiving; sounds like a busy, yet incredibly fabulous weekend, shared in two loving households. Your card: oh my! The scene-inside-a-circle (glad to see you're sharing my 'affection' for circles, of late) is pure delight, with the watercolouring and the images you've combined. Your love for birch trees really shines here! Another gem of yours to adore!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)