Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Cutting Edge #2 and Virginia's View

Hello all!

This is my second post for today, so if you are looking for my Verve post scroll down :)

I have so much going on this week, that I really didn't have time to create another card and do another post, but I just had to make something for the Cutting Edge challenge and a new one I just found out about, Virginia's View! Two new challenges all about die cuts, which I LOVE!

Here is the inspiration photo for The Cutting Edge Challenge, a very very artsy and creative card by Karolyn Loncon.


And here is what I did with it!


The neat background is a cover plate die from My Favorite Things. I cut it out in five different colors and then inlaid the different colored pieces back into the background cut out piece. I added the green strip along the bottom ( another die from MFT) and then cut out two of the hello sentiments ( Clearly Besotted) and glued them down. I then cut out the row of houses ( Taylored Expressions) and popped it up with some foam tape. I added a circle cut from the pale yellow with some foam tape to the sun.

I am adding this to:




Thanks so much for stopping by!
I'll be back tomorrow with some new Verve previews!

Hugs,

Kay :)




17 comments:

  1. This is delightful! Really caught my eye in the pool:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great use of dies, Kay! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the master of die cuts. This is fabulous Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the TE street scene - you have put together a wonderful mosaic with dies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just LOVE this card, Kay! The texture on your cardstock adds so much dimension to your card, and I'm loving the color combo on the sun rays! Love your cute little 'any town USA', too...not to mention the fun font on your sentiment! Such a Fabulous card!
    Have a great week...Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you use colour and create such flawless cards! This is amazing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love your take on the challenges! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the Queen of Die Cuts, my friend! This is brilliant (I may have to case you, using some of my PS products....hmmmm), eye-catching, and all around fabulous (I also need to find new words to express how amazing I think your cards, and especially YOU, are!!) The sky is so clever (Addicted to CAS has a sky theme...just in case...hint, hint), and pairing it with the sweet town images and hello is perfection plus! Love this!! Your cardstock has me smitten: what brand is it, please?
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy! You sure do have a magic touch when it comes to dies and combining colors, my sweet friend! Perfection is what comes to mind. Grinning big old sappy grins over here. Dang oh dang, why can't we live closer so some of your amazing talent could possibly rub off a little on me? The colors are fantastic, the placement of the buildings and the hello add just the right amount of oomph and so happy for you to have found some new challenges to try. Hey you can do two posts in one day any time you like!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my ! this is lovely, I love the way u created the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore they way you use dies!! Amazing colors!! Fantastic card,Kay!! LOVE it!!
    HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another masterful job of die cut piecing, LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW, I really LOVE this Kay!!! What a die-cutting beauty! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have used MFT dies so FABULOUSLY, Kay!! Love the sophisticated colros and creative use of dies!! So glad that you found Virginia's View Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you made me your fans!!! You made very pretty and awesome cards including this card. Thank you so much for playing along on The Cutting Edge Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an amazing "all die" card! Congrats on making Top 3 at The Cutting Edge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)