Happy Saturday my friends!
Today is my post as guest designer for the new Cutting Edge Challenge! I am so excited and honored to be participating in the first challenge! The team has done some amazing things with the inspiration photo. I hope you will join us!
Find out all the details and how to participate HERE
Okay, here’s the gig! We were to be inspired by this AH-MAZING project created by Jackie Rockwell in some way, and include die-cutting (any and all forms accepted) in our design! There’s so much about this project to be inspired by, right?!
I was definitely inspired by the polka dotted background and knew that I wanted to incorporate that into my design. I tried several things, to no avail. I tried patterned paper, random stamping and die cut dots, but they were all too dominant, and took away from my focal point. I finally decided on the stenciling, which I kept very subtle, so as not to distract, and I really loved the effect.
Here is what I came up with:
I don't have a large polka dot stencil, so I used my PTI Cover Plate Circle die. I punched out just the circles and sponged ink over it. I then cut out the rounded squares from Avery Elle and mounted them with foam tape. The flower is a combination of dies from Papertrey Ink and My Favorite Things. The Hello die is from Serendipity.
Check out all the amazing projects from the other designers at The Cutting Edge!
- Amy Kolling
- Jackie Rockwell (Owner)
- Jean Manis
- Karolyn Loncon (DT Coordinator)
- Lisa Addesa
- We’d love to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
- The two winners of the $25 Avery Elle gift certificates are being announced;
- The first half of the The Cutting Edge Design Team [including ME as the first Guest Designer] are sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty spectacular;
- The rules and regulations of the Challenge are listed; and
- The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!
So, what are you waiting for?! You can find everything you need to play along HERE. We can’t wait to see what you create!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful weekend!