Sunday, December 1, 2013

*NEW* Design Team - The Card Concept

Greetings!

I hope you are enjoying the first day of December! Yay! Our Christmas decorations are going up today! 

I am super excited to share some exciting news! The wonderful and sweet Lesley Croghan has yet again come up with the neatest new card challenge, and I have been invited to be on the design team! I'm so thrilled!




The idea behind the challenge is to represent several different styles of card making. You can read all about the details here on the blog.

I will be representing the clean and layered style:

clean lines
lots of layers
designer papers/embossing
embellishments/accents
clean and fresh looking
some coloured images at times
white space

I have always loved the clean and simple look, but have never been able to stop at just one layer. I love white space, but it needs lots of little clusters right? heheh! This is most definitely my style and I am thrilled to be on this new design team and to hopefully inspire you to try your hand at the clean and layered style! 

Here's an example of my work and of the clean and layered style you will be seeing from me.


I sure hope you will join us for our very first challenge in January 2014!!

Have a lovely Sunday!

Kay :)


Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment-PPI, Snowflake-Paper Smooches
Dies: My Favorite Things, Snowflake-Spellbinders
Paper: cardstock-SU
Ink: SU




15 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kay! You have a beautiful style! I always look forward to seeing your work and I'm so glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kay! I love your style and look forward to seeing your work. I love the sentiment on this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Big congrats on your new DT assignment! Clean and layered style sounds fabulous! And, I'm sure you will do them proud! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kay. Your card is SO gorgeous. I am such a fan of your cards and look forward to seeing more of them on this exciting new Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every card maker will LOVE your style and be inspired of course!!! I love your work! This card is amazing...i love the colors and your design!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats I love everything I have seen come from your craft table so excited to see the ventures 2014 will bring

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeek! This is awesome news - for you and for all if US (your huge fans!!)!! You know I love everything you do, and can't wait to see what you conjure up with the new challenge - I will play along for sure!!! And the card you posted - yup, AH-mazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS Kay!!! Can't wait to see more of your fabulous cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Kay! What a terrific opportunity and how very exciting for you. Your style fits the bill perfectly. I hope you have all kinds of fun creating. I know I can't wait to see what you come up with. This card is absolutely fabulous! Clapping hands and doing a happy dance for you. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Kay! You know how much I LOVE your style, and this card is a perfect example! Your style is so crisp and clean, and always beautifully executed ~ I'm looking forward to playing along! Thanks so much for letting us know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS ! You will be perfect . I think we ALL love your style! This card is amazing too! Love what you did with the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yippee! Congratulations, Kay! Lesley and the rest of the team will be so lucky to have you join them!! I am always so impressed by your ability to have layers AND STILL keep your creations clean and sharp! I plan to learn from you!! Your example is perfection!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Kay! I love your work-truly a clean and uncluttered style. The design of this card is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!! :))
    I saw when Lesley launched this ... & I immediately said to myself, "clean & layered" -- that's me!! No wonder I love your work so much!!
    Makes me smile & it's always perfect!!!
    You will be amazing !!!!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one so much! Hugs :)